By: Gemma Lagasca
Being a Mom is a tough job. Once you get married and started to have a baby, you will have to commit your life to performing motherhood responsibilities – at the same time a good wife to your husband every day at 24/7 rate if possible. Imagine if you have 2 or 3 kids in a row – it will definitely be a hectic life-crossing situation. But since we are all different, then it’s up to you how you would like to balance being a mother and loving partner to your husband.
Gaining extra pounds is the top problem of stay-at-home moms. However, don’t allow this to happen – instead, be determined to shed-off those extra pounds through practical means. It is important to opt for the natural way to keep your body fit for the welfare of your family. Stay away from quick fixes especially when chemical-based diet or supplements are involved. Home-based moms can maximize the resources at home with proper planning and determination. Note the 3 best points before you proceed with following the proper diet instructions.
- Learn more about calorie counts. Calorie intake is the primary factor to control before you begin a diet plan. The main reason why you need to do this is to be able to keep record on what you put inside your body. So, if you know how to slash and burn the calories you have taken in a day, you will have an idea how much work out is neeaded regularly to eliminate those extra pounds that are normally retained inside the body for a lifetime – if you don’t do anything about it.
- Determine the required caloric demand you need. For a female with normal height and weight, you need to reduce to up to 1,500 up to 1,600 calories a day. The standard number should be based on the individual’s actual height, weight, age and physical routine.
- Know how to calculate your Count Base Metabolic Rate. Here is the formula:
- Get your weight in pounds and then multiply by 4.3
- Take your age and then multiply by 4.7
- Get the total of 655 + (height + weight)
- The sum of # 3 step should then be subtracted to your age to get your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate)
Sample Computation of a 40 year old woman:
Weight: 140 lbs.
(4.3 x 140 lbs) + (4.7×60 inches) +655-(4.7 x40) =1,351
Now it’s time to create a new diet plan. Here are some basic and natural steps to stay away from adding inches to your waist:
- Wear aerobics clothes at home. This way, you will be in the mood to exercise harder while doing your daily chores.
- Nap, relax and get enough sleep.
- Eat your supper earlier than usual and please avoid having midnight snacks.
- Never finish your kid’s left over foods.
- Don’t forget to eat your breakfast every day and then eat small but frequent amount of foods within the day.
- Eliminate those oily and fried comforting foods. Instead go for grilled, steamed and boiled preparations.
- Take advantage of using the stairs as a form of your daily exercise.
- While the kids are in school or having a nap, do shadow boxing, jumping rope or treadmill for 20 minutes.
- Enroll in an aerobics class near your area and make it a point to attend when all your kids are in school.
May all these important tips will help stay-home moms to be pro-active. Our home is our sanctuary. All members of the family will be happier if everyone is fit and contented. If you know how to take good care of your health, you will feel good and you can give the best care for your loved ones.
Image Source: She Knows