By: Gynn Flores
When you are thinking of going into business, you need to know what will sell best. Fast selling items be it merchandise or services give you the chance to earn more than engaging in a slow paced business where you keep inventory for a long time. This will just make you incur huge cost of money and overhead which actually eats up your profits. Consider these real scenarios that trigger people to buy:
- People want to make money. They may want to start their own business and therefore have to procure merchandise and equipment they will need for the business. When they have their own business, it makes them feel successful.
- People want to save time and want to buy things in one go. Make sure you have other items that your clients might need along with their main purchase. This will give you more sales actually. Your client want their work done fast and spend time enjoying life’s pleasures. This will make them feel more relaxed.
- People want to save money and go for promos and freebies. So come up with promotions and give-away from time to time. They want to invest their savings for the future or save for a big purchase. This will make them feel more secure.
- People want to look better and updated. They might want to lose weight, tone their body, improve their facial features, use the latest gadgets or wear the latest fashion. This will make them feel more attractive.
- People want to learn something new. They may want to learn a new martial arts technique, build a deck or cook a new and exciting dish. This will make them feel more intelligent.
- People want to live longer. They may want to get in shape, eat better or have extra energy. This will make them feel healthy and fit.
- People want to be comfortable. They may want to be relieved from their aches and pains, sleep in a more comfortable bed, live in nice houses or drive a fast car. This will make them feel relaxed and relieved.
- People want to be loved. They may not want to be lonely anymore and want to go dating in a posh restaurant, have coffee with friends and relatives, spend a holiday in a posh resort or simply watch a movie with a loved one. This will make them feel wanted.
- People want to be popular. They may want to become a celebrity or excel in school and get the top rank or maybe excel in their favorite sport. This will make them feel praised and admired.
- People want to have pleasure. They may want to satisfy their cravings for food or sexual desires. This will make them feel more satisfied and fulfilled.
When starting a business, consider the above triggers. Choose one where you are passionate about, or have the experience in doing. This will give you ease and confidence in the business you want to get into. Being alien to something you want to start will be too risky as it becomes your training ground. There is a big chance to fail which will definitely make you lose your capital.
Image Source: Salescatcher