I can’t help over-hearing two fat women updating their progress in life to each other after not being in contact for a while. Generally, the talk revolved around weight gain and love. This was during few hours of travelling in the same bus with them recently. I can let go of other topics that I did not feel like knowing in the first place anyway but not about one woman’s justification of why the other woman is fat. I just did not have a choice knowing about it because they were just speaking so loud, with exclamations plus facial expressions – not to mention the vivid body language. So might as well prove my point for the following dialogue:
First Woman: Oh you really gain weight now…
Second Woman: Yes, I’m actually checking out the nearby gym to put me back to shape.
First Woman: I’ve noticed that you seem different from before – you used to be very body conscious.
Second Woman: Really? I thought I just got preoccupied with my man – you know, serving him my home-made cooking, eating out and getting lazy!
First woman: Now I know the reason why you let go of yourself! You are in love, my friend! Where is he now by the way?
Second Woman: I don’t know – maybe with someone else…
The above is the main part of the discussion that I wanted to straighten out. Never mind the rest. Here are the facts that make women get fat apart from overeating and not exercising:
- Menopause- a period in a woman’s life starting from middle age up to 60 years old or more.
- Diabetes – a metabolism disorder that causes excessive thirst but generating a large volume of urine
- Stress – is a psychological and emotional strain
- Obesity – an overweight condition due to eating wrong foods or genetically acquired.
- Heart disease – coronary ailments including hypertension and high blood pressure
These are also the supporting claims:
- According to FITDAY, anxiety and stress can cause weight gain because you tend to resort to comfort foods when that happens
- Better Health Channel also pointed out that menopause can lead to excessive weight because of declining estrogen level
- Newslanc.com also published that type 2 diabetes can make someone fat because of the presence of excessive insulin in the blood stream
- FitWatch’s article about heart disease and weight gain covers all the other reasons including obesity and diabetes why these unwanted bulges exist
On the Other Hand on Love;
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails…”
Judging from the above justifications, if a woman is in love, she must be glowing with radiant energy and it should bring out the best in her – not feeling down or just being used as seen in the woman who’s supposed to be in love. If it’s the opposite like getting fat, it’s probably a feeling of desperation, self-pity, low self-esteem or foolishness? (Not unless you’re happily married which is not the case here). Take note that these ill feelings are related to stress and other conditions discussed in this article. Would you like to help out? Please write your comments on the article page itself!