By: Elena Grace Flores
Some people might agree that Philippines is a poor country, where there’s no government welfare in place and no health system in store for the Filipino masses as portrayed in Manny Pacquiao’s documentary – but for sure, many can’t accept this. What about SSS, Philhealth and 4 Ps (Pangtawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program) Assistance for the poorest of the poor – to name a few?
The Social Security System can be availed only when you are employed by accredited firms. Filipinos with ad hoc jobs in unregistered businesses can’t be a member of SSS of course – not unless you pay a voluntary subscription as self-employed. Philhealth covers 20 percent of medical bills when subscribed for at least 6 months at around 100 Pesos premium per month. There are anomalies also concerning the government assistance (4 Ps) because many families who are better off than their peers are beneficiaries of this assistance designed for people belonging to the less privilege smallest social unit of society.
Bottom line is, there’s financial support system in store for the citizens of the Philippines but due to corruption, people in remote places are not educated about these programs. On top of that, the funds allocated for these benefits are either misused by corrupt officials or unfairly distributed. If Philippines is really poor, why are there billions of taxes amassed by corrupt government officials? Poverty is all in the mind. Filipinos are rich with natural resources, culture and fighting spirit to be what want in this world of opportunities. If Manny Pacquiao can do it, why can’t others?
- Did Some Media Stir Japan to Destabilize the Government as per Bongbong Marcos’ Speculation?
- It’s Not about Bongbong Marcos’ Election Recount Victory but How he was Cheated
- Rappler Blasted by Blogger for Out of Tune Bongbong Marcos News etc.
- Honest Answer of Bongbong Marcos on Robredo’s Achievement becomes a Joke
- Bongbong Marcos is Determined to Finish the Protest against Robredo, Win or Lose
- Bongbong Marcos Demands Fairness in the Election Protest, Calls for PET Chairmanship Change
- Bongbong Marcos Explains his Dismay Over PET’s Denial of Election Protest Appeal
- Bongbong Marcos’ Reply on How Much Wealth the Family is Willing to Settle?
- Bongbong Marcos’ Destabilization Theory is Real – Local Remittance Surge is Clear Indication
- Why is the Bongbong Marcos – Du30 Governance Good for the Country?
- Bongbong Marcos Made Du30 Unbeatable During the Election 2016 Not Facebook
- Social Media Democracy Marks Bongbong Marcos’ VP Recount Victory
- Blogger Slams LP Media, Robredo for Info Bias against Bongbong Marcos, Du30
- The President’s Advise to Son is Worthwhile for Robredo on Bongbong Marcos’ Election Protest
- Can Paolo Du30’s Delicadeza be Applied to Bongbong Marcos’ Election Protest?
- Glenn Chong who Supports Bongbong Marcos Campaigns against Smartmatic for 2019 Election after Biliran Disaster
- Why is the Bongbong Marcos Clone Urban Legend Necessary for Detractors?
- Bongbong Marcos’ Echoes the Pope’s ‘Who am I to Judge’ View as the President Agrees on Same Sex Marriage
- How to Save Leni Robredo’s Credibility when Mission to Block Bongbong Marcos Fails?
- Bongbong Marcos’ Motion is Not to Delay Protest but Stop Robredo’s Abuses
- Mayor Sara’s Closeness with Gov. Imee and Bongbong Marcos Signifies Realization of the President’s Promise
- China-Philippines Relations Aim for the Return of Golden Age after Bongbong Marcos’ VP Intro
- Bongbong Marcos’ Son Silenced Critics on Father’s Degree with Own Credential
- Military Rule Preference Paves the Way for Bongbong Marcos’ Return
- Psychic Views on Pnoy after Blocking Bongbong Marcos Raise Eyebrows
- Justices Hint on Sereno’s Dictatorship – Is this Beneficial to Bongbong Marcos?
- Why Do Commercial Media Report on Ferdinand Marcos’ Legacy Fakers, NOT on its Realities?
- Joma Sison Like Robredo Accuses Bongbong Marcos, Du30 of Fake News
- Bongbong Marcos and Robredo’s Exchanges: Fake VP Versus Fake Protest?
- Macalintal’s Disclosure on Bongbong Marcos’ Election Recount Consequence Suspicious