By: Elena Grace Flores
Believing that asking for forgiveness when you do others wrong is important, only meant that you value self-forgiveness to forget the negative feelings to move on. In a study conducted recently, participants with some disputes were asked the following questions:
Participants in the first study were quizzed on:
• How they forgive themselves for a real offense
• How much efforts made to apologize
• How they knew that they are forgiven
• How they perceive the value of self-forgiveness
Those participants who went out of their way to seek forgiveness are likely the ones who can easily forgive themselves for the mistakes done. The first test showed some fluctuating measurements when participants with emotional cases including partnership betrayals were questioned, so a second study was conducted that highlights the above questions hypothetically.
Generally, more guilt was experienced when the nature of the offense was higher – and it was helpful to be forgiven by others first to finally be able let self-forgiveness to happen as shown from the data of the majority.
It was also concluded that males can forgive faster than females. This is consistent with the fact that women are more emotional than men. It does help that we exert efforts in making amend because in reality, when we do the right thing, it feels that we are not anymore responsible with other people’s sufferings. It’s their choice to move forward or stay sad – allowing to forgive one’s self to take place.
This explains why people that bear most guilt are denying themselves with self-forgiveness. They tend to develop restlessness, irritation and hatred isolating them socially. Not knowing how to do the right thing will drive them to do more mistakes – making their lives miserable. Unhappiness is often the result of not being able to make amends. The Positive Psychology Journal reflects the above findings with data obtained from the 269 participants with negative situations with others and the follow up test involving 208 people who were questioned hypothetically during the studies conducted by Psychology researchers from Baylor University in Waco, TX.
- Did Some Media Stir Japan to Destabilize the Government as per Bongbong Marcos’ Speculation?
- It’s Not about Bongbong Marcos’ Election Recount Victory but How he was Cheated
- Rappler Blasted by Blogger for Out of Tune Bongbong Marcos News etc.
- Honest Answer of Bongbong Marcos on Robredo’s Achievement becomes a Joke
- Bongbong Marcos is Determined to Finish the Protest against Robredo, Win or Lose
- Bongbong Marcos Demands Fairness in the Election Protest, Calls for PET Chairmanship Change
- Bongbong Marcos Explains his Dismay Over PET’s Denial of Election Protest Appeal
- Bongbong Marcos’ Reply on How Much Wealth the Family is Willing to Settle?
- Bongbong Marcos’ Destabilization Theory is Real – Local Remittance Surge is Clear Indication
- Why is the Bongbong Marcos – Du30 Governance Good for the Country?
- Bongbong Marcos Made Du30 Unbeatable During the Election 2016 Not Facebook
- Social Media Democracy Marks Bongbong Marcos’ VP Recount Victory
- Blogger Slams LP Media, Robredo for Info Bias against Bongbong Marcos, Du30
- The President’s Advise to Son is Worthwhile for Robredo on Bongbong Marcos’ Election Protest
- Can Paolo Du30’s Delicadeza be Applied to Bongbong Marcos’ Election Protest?
- Glenn Chong who Supports Bongbong Marcos Campaigns against Smartmatic for 2019 Election after Biliran Disaster
- Why is the Bongbong Marcos Clone Urban Legend Necessary for Detractors?
- Bongbong Marcos’ Echoes the Pope’s ‘Who am I to Judge’ View as the President Agrees on Same Sex Marriage
- How to Save Leni Robredo’s Credibility when Mission to Block Bongbong Marcos Fails?
- Bongbong Marcos’ Motion is Not to Delay Protest but Stop Robredo’s Abuses
- Mayor Sara’s Closeness with Gov. Imee and Bongbong Marcos Signifies Realization of the President’s Promise
- China-Philippines Relations Aim for the Return of Golden Age after Bongbong Marcos’ VP Intro
- Bongbong Marcos’ Son Silenced Critics on Father’s Degree with Own Credential
- Military Rule Preference Paves the Way for Bongbong Marcos’ Return
- Psychic Views on Pnoy after Blocking Bongbong Marcos Raise Eyebrows
- Justices Hint on Sereno’s Dictatorship – Is this Beneficial to Bongbong Marcos?
- Why Do Commercial Media Report on Ferdinand Marcos’ Legacy Fakers, NOT on its Realities?
- Joma Sison Like Robredo Accuses Bongbong Marcos, Du30 of Fake News
- Bongbong Marcos and Robredo’s Exchanges: Fake VP Versus Fake Protest?
- Macalintal’s Disclosure on Bongbong Marcos’ Election Recount Consequence Suspicious