By: Elena Grace Flores
Believing that asking for forgiveness when you do others wrong is important, only meant that you value self-forgiveness to forget the negative feelings to move on. In a study conducted recently, participants with some disputes were asked the following questions:
Participants in the first study were quizzed on:
• How they forgive themselves for a real offense
• How much efforts made to apologize
• How they knew that they are forgiven
• How they perceive the value of self-forgiveness
Those participants who went out of their way to seek forgiveness are likely the ones who can easily forgive themselves for the mistakes done. The first test showed some fluctuating measurements when participants with emotional cases including partnership betrayals were questioned, so a second study was conducted that highlights the above questions hypothetically.
Generally, more guilt was experienced when the nature of the offense was higher – and it was helpful to be forgiven by others first to finally be able let self-forgiveness to happen as shown from the data of the majority.
It was also concluded that males can forgive faster than females. This is consistent with the fact that women are more emotional than men. It does help that we exert efforts in making amend because in reality, when we do the right thing, it feels that we are not anymore responsible with other people’s sufferings. It’s their choice to move forward or stay sad – allowing to forgive one’s self to take place.
This explains why people that bear most guilt are denying themselves with self-forgiveness. They tend to develop restlessness, irritation and hatred isolating them socially. Not knowing how to do the right thing will drive them to do more mistakes – making their lives miserable. Unhappiness is often the result of not being able to make amends. The Positive Psychology Journal reflects the above findings with data obtained from the 269 participants with negative situations with others and the follow up test involving 208 people who were questioned hypothetically during the studies conducted by Psychology researchers from Baylor University in Waco, TX.
- Slowly but Surely on Bongbong Marcos’ VP Election Recount
- Majority of Filipinos Voted for Du30 and Marcos to Lead the Country
- Enrile’s Turn Over of Ferdinand Marcos’ Diaries to Son Signifies that It’s Time to Lead
- SC Ruled Out Bongbong Marcos’ Election Storage Liability then Voted to Keep De Lima in Jail
- Media Propaganda Affects People but Love Remains for Marcos and Du30
- VP Election Recount Update: Still Waiting for the Supreme Court Retrieval Order
- Social Media Trend: VP Bongbong Marcos in 2018
- Bongbong Marcos’ Recount Looks Brighter as Supreme Court CJ’s Impeachment Progresses
- Trillanes or Uson’s Media Credibility? Convict Binay First before Du30
- Robredo Uses CHR, Ombudsman to Destroy Bongbong Marcos
- Yellows Intensify to Oust the President as Recount Nears for Bongbong Marcos’ Protest
- Who will Detractors Kill Next to Blame it on the President’s Drug War?
- Gov. Imee Marcos Cannot Feel the President’s Hand on Bongbong’s Electoral Protest
- Bongbong Marcos Doesn’t Tolerate Piso for Leni Donation
- Bongbong Marcos Solemnly Respects the Iron Lady’s Memory Contrary to the Political Priest
- PET Clarifies Next Steps for Bongbong Marcos’ Electoral Protest
- Ex-US President Bush: Ferdinand Marcos Permitted the Peaceful Transition to Democratic Rule
- Loyalists Remember Bongbong Marcos during China’s Anniversary Event
- Bongbong Marcos to Media: Let the Philippine President Rule the Country
- Robredo, Church: Follow what you Preach, Pray Harder
- On Nikki Haley and Bongbong Marcos: Opinion Not a FAKE Contrary to Media Propaganda
- US Ambassador to UN Haley: US Media Quits Liberalism Propaganda against Du30’s Drug War
- Robredo’s Democracy Calls Contradict Own Actions on Bongbong Marcos’ Protest
- Anti-Du30 and Marcos, Robredo Tries Harder to Reactivate Martial Law Propaganda
- Bongbong Marcos’ Recount Bid Not Affected by Bautista’s Impeachment Correction
- Trillanes’ Stunts: Yellow Cult Propaganda against Ferdinand Marcos now on Du30
- Sept 21 Marks the Civility of the Marcoses Particularly Bongbong and Imee
- Leni Robredo Disputes Assumption of Bongbong Marcos’ Election Protest Win
- Jinggoy Out, Noynoy In but with Some Help from the Ombudsman
- Ferdinand Marcos’ Military Rule Anniversary on Sept 21 is Likely a Holiday