By: Elena Grace Flores
Erap’s chosen cabinet members in the likes of Manny Villar as Speaker of the House, Orly Mercado as Defense Secretary, Angelo Reyes as AFP Chief and many more were allegedly the ones conniving for him to be impeached – and so he advised incoming President Rodrigo Duterte to choose his friends well.
Here’s the presumptive list for Duterte’s cabinet gathered by the Inquirer Research Team:
- Carlos “Sonny” Dominguez III (former agriculture secretary of President Corazon Aquino; Duterte’s childhood friend and campaign finance head), Department of Finance
- Arthur Tugade (former president and CEO of Clark Development Corp.; Duterte’s classmate in San Beda Law School), Department of Transportation and Communications
- Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano (Duterte’s vice presidential running mate), Department of Justice or Department of Foreign Affairs
- Perfecto Yasay (acting secretary for a year)(former Securities and Exchange Commission chair), Department of Foreign Affairs
- Salvador Medialdea (member of Duterte’s transition committee), Executive Secretary
- Salvador Panelo, presidential spokesperson
- Peter Laurel (president of the Lyceum of the Philippines University), Department of Education
- Gilbert Teodoro (former defense secretary of President Arroyo), Department of National Defense
- Mark Villar (newly elected Las Piñas representative), Department of Public Works and Highways
- Emmanuel Piñol (former governor of North Cotabato province), Department of Agriculture
- Andrea Domingo (former commissioner of Bureau of Immigration and general manager of Philippine Reclamation Authority), Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp.
Communist Party of the Philippines; Departments of Agrarian Reform, Labor and Employment, Social Welfare and Development, and Environment and Natural Resources
- Silvestre Bello III (former justice secretary and solicitor general), Chief government negotiator
- Jesus Dureza (former presidential peace adviser of former Presidents Ramos and Arroyo; Duterte’s classmate), Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process
- Lt. Gen. Ricardo Visaya (incumbent Armed Forces of the Philippines Southern Luzon Command chief), AFP Chief of Staff
- Senior Supt. Rene Aspera or Chief Supt. Ramon Apolinario or Chief Supt. Ronald dela Rosa, Philippine National Police Director General.
Although the above list is not yet final, could we foresee if Duterte is here to stay for 6 years full cycle of the presidency or not?