Posted on

Ex-Comelec: Bongbong Marcos’ Electoral Protest Remains Valid if Appointed as DILG Sec

electoral protest





welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

Bongbong Marcos leaves the legalities over his electoral protest against Leni Robredo should he be appointed as DILG secretary by the president. He is certain that holding an appointed position is different from the elective one. So, as far as legality is concerned, his recount quest could still go on.






Youtube video by; Rappler
[VIDEO]: Former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr said he would accept a Cabinet post if offered by President Rodrigo Duterte.



Electoral Protest Remains Valid

Bongbong Marcos’s electoral protest against Leni Robredo remains valid when Marcos accepts a Cabinet post in the Du30 administration. Former Commission on Elections commissioner Gregorio Larrazabal and lawyer Raul Lambino said this after the plan to appoint Marcos to his Cabinet as soon as the one-year appointment ban on unsuccessful candidates in the May 2016 lapses on May 9 breaks out.



Similar PET Cases

Larrazabal explains similar PET cases: the protest of the late senator Miriam Santiago in 1992 against Fidel Ramos for the presidential election is one. The protest of Sen. Loren Legarda versus Noli de Castro’s VP victory in 2004 is another, and the protest of then Mar Roxas II against Jejomar Binay’s win in the 2010 vice-presidential race.



Outcome

Santiago and Legarda won Senate seats in 1995 and 2007, respectively. That invalidated their electoral protests. Roxas pursued his protest until he ran for president last year and lost.









Compatible with VP Post

Lambino elaborated that a Cabinet appointment is not a hindrance to Marcos’ electoral protest that is still pending. This is because a Cabinet post is not incompatible with the Vice presidential position. The only effect it can cause is based on the capacity of Bongbong Marcos to prioritize tasks.




http://www.manilatimes.net/cabinet-post-wont-doom-marcos-vp-election-protest/321600/




4 thoughts on “Ex-Comelec: Bongbong Marcos’ Electoral Protest Remains Valid if Appointed as DILG Sec

  1. PRESIDENT DUTERTE WILL GIVE BONG BONG MARCOS DILG AS A CABINET POSITION ON DUTERTE ADMINISTRATION AFTER HIS BAN FOR ONE YEAR. IN HIS PET WILL BE WIN AND SHOULD BE PROCLAIM AS A VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES BONG BONG MARCOS. MABUHAY FILIPINOS AROUND THE WORLD. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

  2. That’s what I said before , if ever he will accept the position of DILG he can still pursue his electoral protest and if it will come out that he won so much the better.

  3. I agree with the opinions stated. The post of a VP is always given a cabinet post. Example: VP Doy Laurel as Foreign Sec., and many more.
    PET shd expedite the petition to come up with the real winner.

  4. I agree with the opinions stated. The post of a VP is always given a cabinet post. Example: VP Doy Laurel as Foreign Sec., and many more.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *