Atty. Vic Rodriguez in behalf of Bongbong Marcos reveals that they have doubted another intent from Comelec to sabotage or wipe out their evidence. The Comelec has requested the PET to allow them to have a temporary custody for the ballot boxes from Maguindanao, Basilan, and Lanao del Sur. The Marcos camp is not happy with this because these areas are included in Marcos’ electoral protest.
Youtube video by; Elena Grace Flores
[VIDEO]: Atty. Vic Rodriguez questions why Comelec wants temporary custody of Maguindanao, Basilan and Lanao del Sur ballot boxes
On the Comelec’s letter of request dated April 22, it requests the Philippine Electoral Tribunal to grant them temporary custody of ballot boxes in various areas in Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur and Basilan. These are contested areas in Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest. This is still pending until now.
Bongbong Marcos Contested the Request
Marcos contests the said move of the Comelec. The explanation that this is related to the ongoing protest of the governor there is not just acceptable. They have taken Comelec’s action as a way to sabotage Marcos’ evidence for the electoral protest. Vic Rodriguez insinuates that they can erase numbers so that it won’t tally with the data on hand at the Marcos camp.
Robredo Fools the People
Rodriguez said earlier that Leni Robredo again fooled the people by portraying herself as somebody who is struggling to pay the P8 M initial deposit of her counter-protest against Marcos. He said that a candidate who spent around half a billion pesos during the elections can’t have such problems. She is just acting out to get public sympathy, he assumes.
Not a Media Favorite
Bongbong Marcos received a Letter from the COMELEC to request the PET to authorize them to have temporary custody of the ballot boxes and other election documents on 25 April 2017. This is not widely reported in the mainstream media. This can easily escape public scrutiny of not because of Facebook and Vic Rodriguez’ interview with CNN.