By: Elena Grace Flores
You might be shopping around for your home and car insurance right now but it is best to know where to look first. Asking the wrong people might mislead you. Just five things to remember:
1. Discounts are not given voluntarily. Do not agree right away on what is offered. Make it a point to ask for promotional offers like the month that they are more likely available.
2. Pay a substantial lump sum to lessen the remaining premiums but first, deal only with insurers that are tried and tested by people you know well. After all, it won’t matter how much discount you got if the claims will not materialize.
3. Do not eliminate disaster coverage just because calamities rarely happen in your area. You never know when they strike!
4. Include substantial liability coverage in your insurance to be able to take care of other people that you cause harm in case of car accident or injured within your property. This will save you from possible lawsuits in the future.
5. Get a renter’s insurance if you do not own the house. You will also be covered with liability and loss of properties in your household.
If you are happy with your existing car insurance, ask the same provider if they have other kinds of insurances that you might need. Often, if you are already a good client, they will try to give you the best options you can avail. It’s smart to do it that way.