Bongbong Marcos April’s Fool worry seems to disappear into the thin air now. The April 2, 2018, ballot recount for his electoral protest against VP Leni Robredo is now set to start on the day itself. The Supreme court conducts a tour for the media showing the venue of the said event.
Youtube video by; Elena Grace Flores
[VIDEO]: The recount for Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest against VP Leni Robredo is to begin on April 2, 2018, at the Supreme Court of Appeals Gym. It is to be recorded with CCTV cameras at every corner.
Some Camarines Sur Ballots Now with PET
Lawyer Jose Lemuel Arenas, a member of the tribunal’s AdHoc committee, said that the PET currently houses some 1,400 ballot boxes from Camarines Sur, one of Marcos’ chosen pilot provinces for the recount.
Arenas said that other ballot boxes are currently with the Commission on Elections due to storage issues. Once the recount on the first 1,400 ballot boxes is done, the PET will receive the other ballot boxes from Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental.
Members of the Philippine National Police, Philippine Coast Guard, Police Security Protection Group and PET guards secure the venue round-the-clock. CCTVs are also ready to capture movements around the recount venue and the storage area. Cunanan said that the tribunal expects to augment 101 security personnel this coming week with more members of the PNP to arrive at the vicinity.
Marcos just cannot lose his patience after many delays. He vows to continue to wait because he is closer to the much-awaited event. This is the opening of the ballot boxes and the actual recounting of votes manually. At long last, both camps can already leave their disputes to the recount. Speculations of further cheating and connivance loom greatly but if we do not let it flow through its due course, we can never move on as a nation.
The late President Ferdinand Marcos’s son vows to turn down the offer from the party of President Du30 to run as Senator if there’s any. “I will decline. I’m determined to finish this protest against VP Leni Robredo,” Bongbong Marcos said. This is actually in line with Du30’s advice earlier to continue the case. So, it’s likely that no such move can happen. This made many Marcos loyalists excited over social media. The likely Presidential heir now fights vocally after a long silence.
[VIDEO]: Bongbong Marcos, tatapusin ang electoral protest vs Robredo
Marcos is not happy with Associate Justice Benjamin Caguioa who handles his election protest for making biased resolutions. “It has now become fairly obvious that his resolutions are biased against me and biased in favour of the opposition,” Marcos said. Caguioa was appointed to the high court by former President Noynoy Aquino who swears to block him from the executive office. They were classmates at the Ateneo De Manila University.
Direct Answer to Macalintal
Marcos also reacts to the suggestion of Robredo’s legal counsel, Romulo Macalintal that he should run for Senator instead in the 2019 elections. He said that he doesn’t have to do that because he’s already the Vice President. His claim is consistent right after the 2016 poll up to now. He just has to prove that he was cheated.
In Line with President Du30’s Wish
Previously, the President advice Marcos to continue the protest. This is despite the fact that the Filipino leader needs a DILG Secretary very badly at that time. Marcos was a favourite candidate for the post. More so now that the LP floats the idea that Du30’s Federalism change aims to lengthen his term. When in reality, he wants to shorten it if Marcos is the VP.
Most Filipinos were really watching the news on the transparency election reports during the 2016 Vice Presidential race. Until now, many felt cheated. It is definitely understandable because the over 2 million votes lead of Marcos narrows down to around 200,000 votes in favor or rival, Leni Robredo during the wee hours after the 8:22 PM count
Youtube video by; Elena Grace Flores
[VIDEO]: People are not convinced that Vice President Leni Robredo won over Bongbong Marcos for the VP race because he was leading by around 2 million votes at more than half COCs counted as reported for the 8:22 PM election day canvass.
The widow of former Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo was already leading Bongbong Marcos by a little over 230,000 votes as of 8:45 p.m. the next day after the election. This is after she trails the then senator by almost a million votes at the close of polling as reported.
Marcos, who was a close second with 13,546,701 votes, accused the Liberal Party (LP) of manipulating the election results. This is still ongoing with the electoral protest’s preliminary hearing scheduled on Jube 21. Both sides are required to submit details of their priority issues five days before the said event.
Based on the PPCRV count, Robredo got her votes from Luzon, including her home province in the Bicol region, Cavite, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon. She overpasses Marcos in Calabarzon and Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, Palawan). Her huge lead in Negros, Cebu, Bohol, Eastern Samar, Northern Samar, Southern Leyte and the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) are noted.
Lost Votes Not Forgotten
To this date, Iglesia ni Kristo leaders continue to ask where their votes went. Particularly in the areas mentioned where Robredo has tremendous lead from Marcos. It is just unbelievable that he got zero votes in most of the ARMM precincts where the INC church is present. The failure of election in some disputed areas is also one of the issues in the electoral protest.