By: Elena Grace Flores
Media practitioners at the 888 News Forum, Marco Polo Hotel hailed Andrew Harrison, Chief Executive Advisor, Mactan-Cebu International Airport. This is for his contribution to the proper management of the facility. Then just days after, his team is challenged by the degree of coronavirus measures that they have to implement to unwilling 78 travelers from Taiwan upon their arrival in Cebu. That surely shock Taipei. It now considers “retaliatory measures” if Manila would not immediately lift its inclusion in the travel ban, said Angelito Banayo, chairman of the Manila Economic and Cultural Office in Taiwan. There’s also a threat that the no-visa policy for Filipinos in Taiwan for tourism can be revoked.
YouTube video by Elena Grace Flores Mactan Cebu Airport Hailed for Effective Management
Andrew Harrison explains Mactan International Airport’s effective measures in improving Mactan Airport in Cebu.
Degree of Commotion at the Airport
According to Mactan-Cebu International Airport General Manager, Steve Dicdican both Filipinos and foreigner passengers were furious after they were subjected to a quarantine arrangement. They claimed that they were not told in advance. The travelers only accepted their fate after knowing the official order, which is imposed on passengers from mainland China and its special administrative regions hit by COVID-19. Dicdican is certain that additional security forces are needed as they expect more resistance from travelers coming from Taiwan.
Part of China?
Taiwan is an independent state but the Philippines considers it part of China under the one-China policy. The Bureau of Immigration recently ordered the Taiwan travel ban. It follows the same procedures as in the previously announced restriction for China and its Special Administrative Regions, Hong Kong and Macau. Filipinos and foreigners with permanent resident visas may be allowed entry but will be turned over to the Bureau of Quarantine for assessment, Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente clarified.
Challenge of the Unknown
Harrison said that although influenza and other diseases caused by viruses have more deaths than coronavirus, the challenge is in dealing with the unknown. Therefore, personal hygiene from washing hands to temperature checks must not be overlooked. Let alone the following of the government’s quarantine rule despite causing chaos at the airport.
“The technology exists, let’s use it,” the former senator insisted.
Positioned as the Gateway of the Visayas
Aside from having direct international flights particularly from Narita to Cebu, Mactan International airport’s degree of management can’t be compromised. They positioned Cebu as the gateway to the Visayas. So, it must adhere to international standards from safety to facility maintenance. Harrison also added that although the tourism industry is badly hit by the coronavirus outbreak, it’s just a matter of time that the travel paranoia will die down because no viruses can withstand the hot weather in Cebu. Perhaps, international travelers would favor coming to Cebu alternatively to going to the banned countries because of the unfortunate outbreak. The more than 80,0000 domestic travelers are also a plus.
Bongbong Marcos answers the question point blank that although the camp of his VP post rival wants him to run for Senator in the 2019 national election to abandon his electoral protest against Vice President Leni Robredo, he won’t give them that satisfaction. To run for president after Du30’s term in 2022 is also a long way to go. However, it is his sister, Gov. Imee Marcos who is to seek for a Senate seat. This is the family’s backup plan for the uncertain protest which now has a new recount schedule on April 2, 2018, instead of March 19. The Marcoses are supportive of Du30 particularly the recent ICC withdrawal.
Youtube video by; Elena Grace Flores
[VIDEO]: During the 888 News Forum in Marco Polo Hotel in Cebu, Bongbong Marcos was asked if he will run for President or for Senator in the next election.
Marcos also defends Du30 on the comment that Du30 seems to be afraid of elections unlike his late father Ferdinand Marcos who was into snap elections. He said that the president has a good reason to delay them. Ultimately they will happen at the right time.
Du30 urges other nations to follow his move to quit a treaty underpinning the International Criminal Court. The ICC is examining his drug war. He lashes out at the war crimes tribunal two days after his government officially notified the United Nations of his decision to pull the Philippines out of the Rome
The Philippines recently notifies the United Nations that it decides to opt out of the Rome Statute. This is the country’s initial move to begin the process for its withdrawal from the International Criminal Court or ICC. Foreign Secretary Alan Peter S. Cayetano said the withdrawal was formally conveyed in a note verbale that Philippine Permanent Representative to the UN Teodoro Locsin Jr. He hands it over to Maria Luiza Ribeiro Viotti, the Chef de Cabinet of UN Secretary-General Antonio Gutteres, at 6:07 p.m. New York time on Thursday, or 6:07 a.m. Manila time on Friday, March 16, 2018.
Marcos Supports Du30’s ICC Stand
Like Du30, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro launches a verbal barrage against UN Human Rights Office High Commissioner Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein for his comments on alleged human rights violations in his country. Like what Bongbong Marcos said earlier that they should not judge Filipinos because they are not judged by them. The ICC has no clue whatsoever on what’s really going on in both countries. They only rely on fake news from the government destabilizers.
According to the notice from the COMELEC the decryption of the SD Cards and other election paraphernalia for a number of clustered precincts in the election protest of Michael Rama vs. Tomas Osmena in Cebu City is currently happening. The decryption activity date is 24 July 2017 at its main office at Palacio del Gobernador, Manila. Rama claims that he was cheated just like Bongbong Marcos.
Youtube video by; ABS-CBN News
[VIDEO]: Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmena on Saturday took on the dare of his political nemesis, Michael Rama, for both of them to take a drug test.
Comelec finds the election protest of former Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama against Mayor Tomas Osmeña sufficient in form and substance. This is why the decryption of data follows. Rama’s complaint has the same pattern to Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest against VP Leni Robredo in the local level.
Rama’s Election Protest
Last May 20, Rama’s camp filed an election protest that asks the poll body to conduct a manual count of the votes cast during the May 9 polls. This is for them to verify electoral fraud. The move was supported by 42 village chiefs in the city, who signed a manifesto for it.
Slim Margin Similar to Marcos-Robredo Case
Rama was defeated by Osmeña who is an LP bet by a margin of 34,036 votes. Osmeña earned a total of 267,222 votes compared to Mike’s 233,186 votes. The former mayor said that his loss to Osmeña was “statistically improbable” because he was winning by around the same margin in the eight surveys prior to the polls.
Recount is the Answer
Osmeña’s camp filed a counter-protest and moves to dismiss Rama’s request but failed like Robredo. In response, maintained that the “only way to ascertain the truth and veracity” of the alleged irregularities is through the recount and revision of the ballots.