By: Elena Grace Flores
We always have this mentality that we need to lose weight to be healthy. More often than not, this is not the case for everybody. One must listen to his or her own body. Are you active, emotionally stable, happy and comfortable? Then, it does not matter what shape you are in because body structure can change as we age. Here are practical guidelines:
1. Plan for your long term diet: This is not about self deprivation or selective eating. This should be gathering nutritional food items that will give you the nutrients needed. The trick is to have a bit of every food group. Make sure that you will enjoy what you’re eating so that you can maintain this sort of diet for a longer period of time. Change the food items but not the food groups as you go along to avoid boredom.
2. Consider exercise and water as food groups: Drink lots of fluid or water but preferably fresh fruit juices causes you are seldom hungry if you drink a lot of liquid. Also design your lifestyle with active events. This can be indoor and outdoor exercises but even household chores can do the job too.
3. Moderate but balanced eating is essential: Choose your favorite foods but never deprive yourself with fibrous carbohydrates, lean protein, healthy fats, natural fibers, vitamins, and minerals. However, if you are tempted to eat some delectable desserts then don’t stop yourself but eat lots of fruits and vegetables also to balance them out.
4. Be cautious with the way you eat: Never eat in a rush if you can help it. Take your time and chew well. Snacking in between chores is not a good habit because you’re more likely prone to fast foods. Eat with your mind like when sharing delicacies with friends. Prioritize eating breakfast and minimize the rest of the meals especially at night.
5. Always eat with fruits and vegetables: The more colorful these organic food choices are the better. Each pretty color segment is a source of any of these: anti-sickness vitamins and minerals, antioxidants for cleaner digestive system and fiber for non-fat energy.
6. Avoid white carbohydrates: Anything white when it comes to carbohydrates is not good for your regular diet. Most of these products are highly processed thus eliminating the nutrients from the original raw materials. Whole grains and starchy fruits are good sources of healthy carbohydrates. Choose the colored version of sugar, rice and flour if you need to take any of them.
7. Do not avoid fats totally but choose the healthy ones. Omega-3 rich oils from fishes are good for your heart and brain and will make feel good. Monounsaturated fats from nuts like olive oil are also helpful choices.
8. Foods for growth named protein can’t be eliminated in a healthy diet. Lean meats are good but protein can be found also in plants. Beans, nuts and soy products are also good sources of protein. Even if you reach the maximum growing age, you still need protein to build damaged cells, replace defective tissues and thinning organ walls or components.
9. Take some calcium-rich food stuff or supplements. Milk, beans, fruits and vegetables are basic sources of calcium. Maintain at least 1000 to 1200 calcium level in a daily basis if you are 50 years old and above.
10. Limit your sugar and salt consumption. Sugar in take must not be over one teaspoon a day because higher than that can put you at risk of high blood pressure. Drinking 8 ounces of soda is like taking10 teaspoons of sugar plus in addition to the normal sugar amount from carbohydrates and desserts. Having a sweet tooth can make you prone to diabetes.
It’s good that you are paying attention to the 10 tips of having a healthy diet stated above- but it’s equally important to enjoy dining and spend enough time for it in a regular basis. The target should not be gaining that sexy body – but the figure that felt right for you!
By: Elena Grace Flores
Instant slimming methods just don’t work and sometimes dangerous. Slimming teas like Biofit and Kangkunis are effective when used properly. They should be taken only once before going to bed. Since, it will detoxify your body by enhancing your bowel movement, it is important to not take it in excess of what is prescribed because it can dehydrate you!
On the other hand, if you are a rice eater – it’s best to totally omit that in your meals – but increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbage and other leafy vegetables are better alternatives for it. You can get not only energy but nourishment as well with vitamins and minerals.
In addition to all dieters with Type O blood, omit any dairy intake including the creamer in your coffee. Instead, resort to high protein food to satisfy your cravings. The more you take sweet and creamy stuff, the heavier you can become because they are difficult to digest.
Please note that the above recommendations are based on careful research and actual experience. This is not meant for instant weight loss but – a lifestyle diet in helping readers to live a healthy life in a long-term basis. There’s nothing more aspiring for than to have full years without suffering from diseases and injuries. Try this method for at least 2 weeks and if you feel better by then, this is surely for you!
By: Elena Grace Flores
When I was in Thailand for 15 long years, I seldom eat rice because it’s not the culture of Thais to eat rice like Filipinos do. They’re more into noodles, fresh fruits and vegetables. No wonder, I never gained weight during that long span of time. As you can probably attest, many Thais are skinny if not sexy and seems like they do not have to prioritize getting a Blue Cross Shield Health Insurance! The big challenge is when I returned home to the Philippines. Eating full meals 3 times a day with rice just overwhelmed me – until I can now see my big stomach and thighs right before my very eyes! It is also difficult to move around with a heavier body. So, I decided to change my diet to the same thing I had before when I was in Thailand. The no rice diet.
I did not know that it’s very difficult to implement it because you can always smell the home cooked meals your family shared in a daily basis. Then I moved to my sister’s apartment to live alone for a while when I’m still determined to stick on my Thai-style meals. Actually, I was scared to destroy any of my vital organs due to eating the wrong foods. It’s not like we can just go for Motor Replacements!.It is in fact easier to eat these healthier selections independently on my own. However, I have to eat something every 2 hours to pacify my cravings and probably the almost empty stomach? I can’t say that I’m hungry – probably feeling lighter or emptier than before.
The papaya salad with chilli sauce wrapped with fresh cabbage leaf was always filling and tasty to the month. I can now understand why it helps to eat hot food because it will discourage you from eating more after satisfying your taste buds and stomach. The boiled camote or sweet potato dipped in salt with a little bit of vegetable oil is also one of my favorites. Organic fresh lettuce salad with salted egg is also hilarious. Just add some fresh white onions to give it a kick. Any kind of fruits and peanuts are also good to nibble on to forget eating heavy meals.
I guess, I can say that I’m quite successful in my quest to lose weight – but my only problem is, my teeth started to get hurt due perhaps to the consistent chewing. Ahhh… good thing I invented a home remedy for toothache using water, salt and cayenne red pepper – because, I’m now eating like a bird I definitely need an enhanced Dental Coverage in my Health Insurance. Not sure if the Blue Cross Shield Health Insurance is a good choice!
|blue cross shield health insurance|
By: Elena Grace Flores
Resorting to food just to feel better even if you’re not hungry can be a psychological condition that must be addressed – before ruining your life! It’s called binge eating and for sure, you will know someone in your lifetime who could be suffering from this disorder. Learn more here:
We all overeat from time to time—taking an extra helping at Thanksgiving dinner or having dessert when you’re already full. But for binge eaters, overeating is regular and uncontrollable. You use food to cope with stress and other negative emotins, even though afterwards you feel even worse. You may feel like you’re stuck in a vicious cycle, but binge eating disorder is treatable. With the right help and support, you can learn to control your eating and develop a healthy relationship with food. http://www.helpguide.org/mental/binge_eating_disorder.htm
Binge eating disorder must not be ignored because it can result to death due to depression. Eating should make one feel satisfied, comfortable and happy – not the other way around. It is best to follow the recommendations of your psychologist on how to get rid of this problem. Remember that this is curable and should not be left untreated.
By: Elena Grace Flores
Eating healthy does not encourage starvation, deprivation and nutrient insufficiency. Eating to live or living to eat is also not the point here. However, you will never know how to create a healthy diet plan for you if you don’t know the facts concerning healthy eating. This article surprisingly contain all elements of eating healthy:
Healthy eating is not about strict nutrition philosophies, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. Rather, it’s about feeling great, having more energy, stabilizing your mood, and keeping yourself as healthy as possible—all of which can be achieved by learning some nutrition basics and using them in a way that works for you. You can expand your range of healthy food choices and learn how to plan ahead to create and maintain a tasty, healthy diet. http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm
By all means, enjoy what you eat. Dining is actually an art but if you are forcing yourself to swallow anything for whatever reason, then you totally miss the point. Being healthy is being happy with whatever you do including eating. So, choose the colors, fragrance and texture of your food – then you will also gain the nutrients that your body needs.