Bongbong Marcos cannot fathom why there are over 4 million undervotes in the 2016 election. Although an undervote is common during elections that result from voting mistakes, the large amount is just questionable. Leni Robredo’s Camp uses his questioning the integrity of the entire election to drag the victory of the President. However, the Palace does not take this sitting down.
[VIDEO]: CNN Philippine reports that Bongbong Marcos refers his questioning of the 2016 election integrity from the enormous number of undervotes.
4 Million Undervotes
Marcos has no reservations that other winning candidates can have problems also with the first part of his election protest. Aside from his scrutiny in the unusually large number of undervotes, he also discloses the existence of the secret server that Smartmatic admits to.
Marcos’ camp identifies Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental for the recount. They are confident that actual count there can clearly show that there are major discrepancies in the votes cast in the ballots. Those transmissions through the Vote Counting Machines or VCMs that forms the data for the Certificates of Canvass or COCs are said to be anomalous.
3 Causes of Action
The first part of Marcos’ petition is the Automated Election System or AES. Reports on the “traditional” modes of cheating like vote buying, pre-shading, intimidation and failure of elections belong to the second part. The third part of the protest focuses on the introduction by Smartmatic’s Marlon Garcia of a new hash code into the transparency server.
Palace’s Reaction to Du30’s Victory
Presidential Communications Assistant Secretary Ana Marie Banaag said that Marcos’ electoral protest could not put into question the integrity of the entire electoral process last year. “I don’t think the Palace is affected at all about that. The President won by a big margin,” Banaag clarified.
Some Supreme Court justices are worried that the entire 2016 election’s integrity of the entire election process could be in question should the first part of Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest is addressed accordingly.
[VIDEO]: Marcos at Robredo,mag recount sa tig tatlong probinsya
The concern was discussed during the preliminary conference last July 11. Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno expresses her apprehension about the absence of “a template” to address the kind of protest that Bongbong Marcos brings to the court. This is the first time the SC faces such a protest.
First Course of Action
The “ first course of action” among the three that Marcos lodge is where he urges the PET to “declare as unauthentic” all the certificates of canvass used by both chambers of Congress in proclaiming Robredo as the winner. He disputes the slim margin of more than 200,000 votes against the millions of undervotes.
Associate Justice Marvic Leonen asks Marcos; “If you were to succeed in proving the first cause of action, wouldn’t that put into question the results of the elections of everybody else, both national and local,” said Associate Justice Alfredo Benjamin Caguioa. “Are you sure that this country is willing to face the consequences of a decision in your favor?” Marcos’ spokesperson Vic Rodriguez explains later that their complaint is specific to the Vice Presidential race as evidence shows irregularities against Marcos.
Recount is Second
The second part of the Marcos petition is the “traditional” modes of cheating. Vote-buying, pre-shading, intimidation and failure of elections, among others. This is where the recount belongs. Marcos already identified the priority areas for it; Camarines Sur, Iloilo, and Negros Oriental. As far as the integrity of the 2016 election is concerned, even the President knows that it was a dirty election. In fact, Cebu’s ex-Mayor Michael Rama has the same protest against Mayor Tomas Osmena. Anyhow, if the recount can resolve the VP race conflict faster, then be it.
According to the notice from the COMELEC the decryption of the SD Cards and other election paraphernalia for a number of clustered precincts in the election protest of Michael Rama vs. Tomas Osmena in Cebu City is currently happening. The decryption activity date is 24 July 2017 at its main office at Palacio del Gobernador, Manila. Rama claims that he was cheated just like Bongbong Marcos.
Youtube video by; ABS-CBN News
[VIDEO]: Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmena on Saturday took on the dare of his political nemesis, Michael Rama, for both of them to take a drug test.
Comelec finds the election protest of former Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama against Mayor Tomas Osmeña sufficient in form and substance. This is why the decryption of data follows. Rama’s complaint has the same pattern to Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest against VP Leni Robredo in the local level.
Rama’s Election Protest
Last May 20, Rama’s camp filed an election protest that asks the poll body to conduct a manual count of the votes cast during the May 9 polls. This is for them to verify electoral fraud. The move was supported by 42 village chiefs in the city, who signed a manifesto for it.
Slim Margin Similar to Marcos-Robredo Case
Rama was defeated by Osmeña who is an LP bet by a margin of 34,036 votes. Osmeña earned a total of 267,222 votes compared to Mike’s 233,186 votes. The former mayor said that his loss to Osmeña was “statistically improbable” because he was winning by around the same margin in the eight surveys prior to the polls.
Recount is the Answer
Osmeña’s camp filed a counter-protest and moves to dismiss Rama’s request but failed like Robredo. In response, maintained that the “only way to ascertain the truth and veracity” of the alleged irregularities is through the recount and revision of the ballots.
The second SONA of the President is almost here. His detractors fear that he might declare a nationwide martial law after the Congress approved his request to extend it in Mindanao until the end of the year. Du30 floats the idea of imposing Martial Law across the country to keep the law and order and thwart any further terroristic activity in his speeches. Can he do that during his State of the Nation Address?
Youtube video by; ABS-CBN News
[VIDEO]: It is now up to President Rodrigo Duterte’s “wisdom and integrity” to put limits on the imposition of martial law in Mindanao after the Supreme Court upheld the legality of the May 23 declaration, a constitutionalist said Wednesday.
To Extend to the Visayas
“I may decide to expand the area to include the Visayas because it is just a walking distance actually. And because of the many islands, they can always escape there and begin another terroristic activity,” Duterte said this upon arrival from Russia.
“I have ordered the military to embargo the islands. These are the ones at sea that separate Mindanao from the Visayas,” he said. The President also hinted that he would likely include Luzon to be under the Martial Law.
Nationwide Martial Law
“If ISIS also takes a foothold in Luzon, I might declare martial law nationwide to protect the people,” he said. “The Constitution grants him the prerogative whether to put the entire Philippines under martial law. This can also be any part thereof. There is no constitutional edict that martial law should be confined only to the particular place the conflict transpired,” the Supreme Court said read by Associate Justice Mariano del Castillo.
Law-Abiding Citizens Need Not Worry
“Remember that this is not intended for the law-abiding citizens. We are the least of your worry. But if you confront government and my orders are one: to enforce the law. And anyone caught possessing a gun and confronting us with violence, my orders are shoot to kill,” the chief executive warned. The President’s plan is supported by his chosen successor, Bongbong Marcos who is the son of the late President Ferdinand Marcos. He led the nation to prosperity under the martial rule but destroyed by his critics through black media propaganda.
Right after the preliminary conference of Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest against Leni Robredo, she again revived her Motion for Reconsideration Pro Tanto. Pro Tanto is a Latin word that means “to such an extent.” She asks PET once again to dismiss Marcos’ recount bid for his alleged failure to “specify in detail the electoral frauds and irregularities. However, Robredo’s repeated delaying action does not attract the mainstream media anymore. The Prayers of the avid Marcos loyalists at the Supreme Court grounds are indeed working.
Youtube video by; News5Everywhere
[VIDEO]: Nakiisa ang former senator at dating vice presidential candidate sa overnight vigil. Bukas magsisimula ang preliminary conference ng electoral protest ni Marcos laban kay VP Robredo.
Pro Tanto Status
Marcos received Robredo’s Motion asking the PET to allow her to file a supplement to her Motion for Reconsideration Pro Tanto that she originally filed last 24 February 2017. In her Supplement, Robredo once again asked the PET to dismiss his election protest for his failure to “specify in detail the electoral frauds and irregularities that were committed during the last elections”.
Supporters of the namesake of Ferdinand Marcos were outside the Supreme Court prior to the preliminary conference. It was set in motion last July 11. They pray, share inspirational talks and sing songs of praise. Bongbong Marcos even thanked them all in person later that night. Then he showed up fresh the next day while Robredo missed it.
Vigil for the Truth
Some people cannot understand why Marcos’ supporters opt to hold a prayer vigil instead of a rally for the truth to come out. They urged the Supreme Court to order a recount of votes for Marcos and Vice President Leni Robredo in the May 9 elections. In response, the SC announced that the recount is prioritized and the digital election fraud issue is to follow only. This irked Robredo’s camp badly.
Pro Tanto becomes La Tonta
Despite gaining from the recent Pulse Asia Survey, Robredo remains unappreciated, naive and somewhat clumsy Vice President. Just like the Spanish character that depicts the same nature. Never under estimate the power of prayer. It simply works.