VP Leni Robredo is one of the possible replacements of former social welfare secretary Judy Taguiwalo. This is after Palace Communications Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson includes her name in a Twitter poll. Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said that while he does not reject the idea that the VP can become the next social welfare secretary. However, Abella notes that the Political climate may not make her an ideal candidate. That can be right considering that Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest against her is still ongoing.
Youtube video by; ABS-CBN News
[VIDEO]: Umalma ang Malacañang sa komento ni Vice-President Leni Robredo na mabagal ang aksyon sa mga nasalanta ng bagyong “Nina,” at sinabing siya’y namumulitika. Sagot naman ni VP Leni, “nag-overreact” ang Palasyo.
Leads Twitter Poll
Robredo leads in the poll by ASEC Uson. She is ahead of DSWD Asst. Sec. Lorraine Badoy and Nikki Teodoro, wife of former Defense Secretary Gilberto Teodoro Jr. It can be recalled that the VP was criticized when a typhoon strikes the Bicol region while was in America. Bongbong Marcos even visited her hometown that she appreciated later on. This is because they need all help that they can get, according to her.
Friction with the Palace
The palace was also irked when she observed that the relief goods were slow when she visited one Barangay during Typhoon Nina. The spokesperson said that she should have checked how the government officials particularly the DSWD worked so hard for the job.
Likely Leader in a Rebel
Since the VP is fond of visiting disaster areas as per her photo opportunity press releases, it can be a good idea to let her show that she can do better. It is also noted that she had a previous rift with the rejected DSWD chief Taguiwalo in the past.
It is also understandable that the palace cannot reckon to name Robredo as DSWD Secretary because she likes to criticize the Du30 administration. Perhaps, it is difficult to work on the same page with someone who has the rebellious nature. Besides, she has the electoral protest to concentrate on especially now that she has not paid the remaining tranche of her counter protest against Bongbong Marcos.
Andres Bautista, Ex-Pnoy’s appointee was the PCGG Chair in charge of chasing the alleged ill-gotten wealth of the Marcoses. Now, he’s the Comelec Chair whom Bongbong Marcos accuses of conniving with Smartmatic. This pertains to the dirtiest ever digital election in 2016 that favors Liberal Party candidates especially VP Leni Robredo.
Youtube video by; INQUIRER.net
[VIDEO]: After meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte, the wife of Commission on Elections Chair Andres Bautista submitted last week to the National Bureau of Investigation an affidavit. She says that the Comelec chief might have amassed nearly P1 billion worth of ill-gotten wealth.
Patricia Paz “Tish” Bautista submitted the affidavit on Aug. 1, five days after meeting the President in Malacañang. She discloses several passbooks, real property documents under her husband’s name and some of his relatives. Those were not included in his 2016 statement of assets, liabilities and net worth or SALN.
“I understand that since Andy holds the position of Comelec chair, he is liable to be impeached should there exist valid and sufficient grounds to hold him in a trial for an impeachable offense under Sec. 2, Article XI of the 1987 Philippine Constitution,” Patricia said in the affidavit. Bautista was appointed by former President Benigno Aquino III as Comelec Chair in May 2015. In 2010, Aquino also made him Presidential Commission on Good Government Chairman. PCGG is the agency tasked with going after the ill-gotten wealth of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos and his family.
Kept in the Dark
Her lawyers insist that Patricia has no hand in the purchase or acquisition of the questionable properties because her husband always kept her in the dark with regards to their assets. Patricia said that based on her own assessment, the cumulative value of the properties at their acquisition costs was between P250 million and P300 million. It is “definitely more than P158.5 million” that Bautista declared in his 2016 SALN.
Disclosure Supports Marcos
Patricia discloses her discoveries to the media as what she divulged through her NBI affidavit. She also narrates her life she had with her husband of 17 years from whom she wants to separate since 2013. Her revelation only supports Bongbong Marcos’ accusation of Comelec’s connivance with the Liberal Party to block his victory. Since the President already knows this, she definitely made the right move.
Bongbong Marcos is confident that the retrieval of ballots and other relevant election paraphernalia can lead to an immediate revision of votes by October. This is if the recount can start middle of August. On the other hand, Robredo’s camp insists that the PET must first resolve the issue on the digital election integrity. This is the first part of Marcos’ electoral protest.
Youtube video by; News5Everywhere
[VIDEO]: Ipinapa-manual recount ng magkabilang panig ang ilang probinsya na walang bumoto para kina VP Leni Robredo at ex-Sen. Bongbong Marcos.
Marcos supporters are already asking for updates on the electoral protest as soon as August starts. However, the Marcos camp expects the Supreme Court to start the recount by mid-August. The retrieval of ballot boxes from Marcos’ key provinces was already requested upon paying in full.
The PET directed both camps to submit their respective comments, within 5 days, on issues that the tribunal identified in connection with Marcos’ and Robredo’s respective poll protests. This includes limiting their witnesses to three per precinct. By now, both camps must have shortlisted their witnesses already.
Marcos thanked the Supreme Court for the actions it has taken to fast-track the recount process. He expressed his faith in the tribunal. Earlier, the PET assigned a panel of justices to assist in the recount as suggested by Marcos. The venue of the process is already determined and equipped with the necessary fixtures. The basketball court will serve as the center for the activity.
October Revision of Election Votes
Marcos’ lead counsel, George Garcia, said he sees no need to contest or oppose the motion of Robredo to resolve the integrity issue first. He just hoped that the revision of votes would begin in October. If this is undertaken, results can be known already by February – at least for their camp’s pilot areas: Negros Oriental, Camarines Sur, and Iloilo provinces.
Bongbong Marcos in an interview said that the recount must start immediately if Leni Robredo has nothing to hide. This follows the mandate of the Supreme Court to resolve the election protest swiftly without unnecessary delay. On the other hand, Robredo’s supporter has yet to complete her balance for the counter-protest fee.
[VIDEO]: Robredo should agree with recount if she has nothing to hide, Marcos tells Supreme Court
No More Delay
Marcos stresses a large number of undervotes in his protest. He urges the Supreme Court to start the recount in the 3 pilot provinces; Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental. Right after he has paid in full during the Preliminary Conference, he requests the retrieval of the ballot boxes from the identified precincts.
Motion for Reconsideration
Robredo’s motion consideration is already set aside by the PET after deciding for the recount instead of dealing with the first part of Marcos’ protest that questions the integrity of the entire election. Marcos only contested the VP post so might as well resolve that through the immediate recount.
Comelec is Set Aside
The first part of Marcos’ petition is the Automated Election System or AES that raises why Comelec decides on Smartmatic for the digital election. The “traditional” modes of cheating like vote buying, pre-shading, intimidation and failure of elections are the issues for the second part. The third part focuses on the introduction by Smartmatic’s Marlon Garcia of the new hash code into the transparency server.
Robredo’s Supporters Carry the Burden
Robredo’s supporters; social welfare secretary Corazon Soliman, former human rights commissioner Paulynn Sicam, former Bases Conversion, and Development Authority board director Zorayda Amelia Alonzo, award-winning singer Celeste Legaspi-Gallardo, Ateneo de Manila University Press director Karina Bolasco, and Museong Pambata founder Nina Lim-Yuson announced that they have raised 6M Pesos already out of the 7M balance of Robredo for the counter protest. The Supreme Court tends to be lenient to Robredo on monetary issues than Marcos.
Bongbong Marcos cannot fathom why there are over 4 million undervotes in the 2016 election. Although an undervote is common during elections that result from voting mistakes, the large amount is just questionable. Leni Robredo’s Camp uses his questioning the integrity of the entire election to drag the victory of the President. However, the Palace does not take this sitting down.
[VIDEO]: CNN Philippine reports that Bongbong Marcos refers his questioning of the 2016 election integrity from the enormous number of undervotes.
4 Million Undervotes
Marcos has no reservations that other winning candidates can have problems also with the first part of his election protest. Aside from his scrutiny in the unusually large number of undervotes, he also discloses the existence of the secret server that Smartmatic admits to.
Marcos’ camp identifies Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental for the recount. They are confident that actual count there can clearly show that there are major discrepancies in the votes cast in the ballots. Those transmissions through the Vote Counting Machines or VCMs that forms the data for the Certificates of Canvass or COCs are said to be anomalous.
3 Causes of Action
The first part of Marcos’ petition is the Automated Election System or AES. Reports on the “traditional” modes of cheating like vote buying, pre-shading, intimidation and failure of elections belong to the second part. The third part of the protest focuses on the introduction by Smartmatic’s Marlon Garcia of a new hash code into the transparency server.
Palace’s Reaction to Du30’s Victory
Presidential Communications Assistant Secretary Ana Marie Banaag said that Marcos’ electoral protest could not put into question the integrity of the entire electoral process last year. “I don’t think the Palace is affected at all about that. The President won by a big margin,” Banaag clarified.