By: Elena Grace Flores
Homeowners’ Association Dues are not easy to collect if there’s no disciplinary actions in place. People have different mentalities and attitudes thus needing a stronger management authority. This will not be possible if the officers of the association have no financial capabilities or know-how in imposing penalties. Here’s a sample for such notice for delinquent payers:
NOTICE OF DISCIPLINARY PROCEEDINGS FOR DELINQUENT PAYERS
Regretting to inform you that despite our treasurer’s efforts in reminding you to pay your Association monthly dues on time and the submission of previous collection letter, you remained to be a DELINQUENT payer in our village all this time. TAKE NOTICE that according to our records the sum of ______________ is overdue for payment from ___________ to ___________ at ____ Pesos only per month. Unless payment is made to the above claim within seven days, DISCPLINARY actions to recover the debts will be taken against you without further notice. The following legal procedure will follow:
- Publishing of Names for DELINQUENT PAYERS online via our web page will take effect immediately when this notice is ignored after the 7th day from date of notice
- Posting of Names for DELINQUENT PAYERS will be displayed at the village’s entrance one month after the web listing
- Issuance of Final Demand Letter for the amount owed, interest and mall Claims Fee
- Small Claims Court Proceedings will be filed in the Justice Department, Municipal Hall before the next Fiscal Year (this will affect your credit rating when ignored)
Please note that cleanliness, security and orderliness are our main objectives in requiring homeowners to pay their dues promptly – and it is necessary to take these actions as lawfully as possible to be fair to those who do!
You may submit a “Promissory Note” if financial difficulties are hindering you from fulfilling your obligations to our community.
The above proceedings are necessary to be fair to those who comply with the HOA’s policies. If the concerned delinquent payer play it hard in the end, it’s his or her reputation that is on the line. Aside from lowering down his or her credit rating, this can be a proof that he or she is an undesirable neighbor that can be a ground for general petition for eviction – at the same time, these steps are not only legally binding but also very considerate to those who have temporary financial difficulties. This is how the association can be strict for the welfare of the community but with compassion to those who need it!
By: Elena Grace Flores
You might be shopping around for your home and car insurance right now but it is best to know where to look first. Asking the wrong people might mislead you. Just five things to remember:
1. Discounts are not given voluntarily. Do not agree right away on what is offered. Make it a point to ask for promotional offers like the month that they are more likely available.
2. Pay a substantial lump sum to lessen the remaining premiums but first, deal only with insurers that are tried and tested by people you know well. After all, it won’t matter how much discount you got if the claims will not materialize.
3. Do not eliminate disaster coverage just because calamities rarely happen in your area. You never know when they strike!
4. Include substantial liability coverage in your insurance to be able to take care of other people that you cause harm in case of car accident or injured within your property. This will save you from possible lawsuits in the future.
5. Get a renter’s insurance if you do not own the house. You will also be covered with liability and loss of properties in your household.
If you are happy with your existing car insurance, ask the same provider if they have other kinds of insurances that you might need. Often, if you are already a good client, they will try to give you the best options you can avail. It’s smart to do it that way.
By: Elena Grace Flores
The rate of life insurance premiums will not depend on your age only but also your medical record and lifestyle. In fact, there are cases that after completing a whole year of risk-free healthy living, insured individuals got their premiums readjusted to their benefit – saving some hard-earned money after being confirmed by thorough investigation by the contracted medical practitioners! See these identified factors that you can avoid for better health and lower life insurance premium:
1. If you are a smoker, consider stop smoking for a year and reapply life insurance coverage for non-smokers.
2. If you drink more than 3 glasses of alcohol daily, try eliminating that habit and qualify for a 50% less expensive life insurance coverage.
3. Make sure that your BMI or Body Mass Index is less than 30 when you apply for life insurance. You are considered overweight if it’s over 30. Make your weight proportion with your height always.
4. Ensure to have a clean driving record. Traffic violation tickets and accidents can increase your premiums to up to 50%.
5. Best life insurance rates can be obtained before you turn 35 but if you are way older than that, backdating your insurance coverage might require you to pay a lump sum. However, the premiums after that will become more affordable.
Being obese can put you at risk with high blood pressure, diabetes and other diseases. So, aside from your age that you can’t do something about – focus on having a healthy lifestyle to avail of favorable insurance premium rates!