By: Gynn Flores
When you are thinking of going into business, you need to know what will sell best. Fast selling items be it merchandise or services give you the chance to earn more than engaging in a slow paced business where you keep inventory for a long time. This will just make you incur huge cost of money and overhead which actually eats up your profits. Consider these real scenarios that trigger people to buy:
- People want to make money. They may want to start their own business and therefore have to procure merchandise and equipment they will need for the business. When they have their own business, it makes them feel successful.
- People want to save time and want to buy things in one go. Make sure you have other items that your clients might need along with their main purchase. This will give you more sales actually. Your client want their work done fast and spend time enjoying life’s pleasures. This will make them feel more relaxed.
- People want to save money and go for promos and freebies. So come up with promotions and give-away from time to time. They want to invest their savings for the future or save for a big purchase. This will make them feel more secure.
- People want to look better and updated. They might want to lose weight, tone their body, improve their facial features, use the latest gadgets or wear the latest fashion. This will make them feel more attractive.
- People want to learn something new. They may want to learn a new martial arts technique, build a deck or cook a new and exciting dish. This will make them feel more intelligent.
- People want to live longer. They may want to get in shape, eat better or have extra energy. This will make them feel healthy and fit.
- People want to be comfortable. They may want to be relieved from their aches and pains, sleep in a more comfortable bed, live in nice houses or drive a fast car. This will make them feel relaxed and relieved.
- People want to be loved. They may not want to be lonely anymore and want to go dating in a posh restaurant, have coffee with friends and relatives, spend a holiday in a posh resort or simply watch a movie with a loved one. This will make them feel wanted.
- People want to be popular. They may want to become a celebrity or excel in school and get the top rank or maybe excel in their favorite sport. This will make them feel praised and admired.
- People want to have pleasure. They may want to satisfy their cravings for food or sexual desires. This will make them feel more satisfied and fulfilled.
When starting a business, consider the above triggers. Choose one where you are passionate about, or have the experience in doing. This will give you ease and confidence in the business you want to get into. Being alien to something you want to start will be too risky as it becomes your training ground. There is a big chance to fail which will definitely make you lose your capital.
Image Source: Salescatcher
By: Gynn Flores
Marketing online is an in thing these days. People like to click when they need practically anything at all. This is very convenient for them as they can do it on their own time and on their own pace. No wonder websites for practically anything are created. Your Company needs to be advertised on the net to make it more visible to “netizens”. Now it is up to you to make ways to increase traffic to your website. Here are valuable “call to actions”:
- “Bookmark This Web Site Now” tell your visitors to bookmark your web site. They may see your web site listed in their bookmarks and visit again. You should also give them a good reason to bookmark your site. Tell them you add new contents regularly.
- “Subscribe to Our Free E-zine” tell your visitors to subscribe to your e-zine article submissions. When they do, you’ll capture their e-mail address and every time they read your e-zine, it will remind them to return to your site.
- “Participate on Our Discussion Board” Ask your visitors to participate on your online discussion board. By participating, they will meet other people. By meeting other people, they will revisit your web site on a regular basis to stay in contact with them.
- “Sign our Guestbook” Ask your visitors to sign your guest book. When people sign your guestbook, you may get valuable feedback or constructive criticism on how to improve your web site. This may help you increase traffic to your own web site.
- “Use our Free Content on Your Site or in Your E-zine” Allow your visitors to use your articles on their own web site or in their e-zine. Just ask them to include your resource box. This will spread your advertising all over the internet.
- “Refer This/Our Web Site to a Friend” Ask your visitors to refer your web site to a friend(s). They may know someone that would benefit from visiting your web site.
- “Fill Out Our Online Survey” Ask visitors to fill out your online survey or questionnaire. You could use it to get valuable feedback on ways to improve your web site to increase traffic.
- “Enter Our Contests” Ask your visitors to enter your online contest or sweepstakes. People love to win stuff and they will visit your web site to try.
- “Give Away Our Freebie to Your Visitors” Allow your visitors to give away your online freebies to people that visit your web site. Include your ad on the freebie and those freebies will multiply your traffic.
- “Join Our Affiliate Program” Allow your visitors to make money selling your products or services. This will increase your traffic because they will link to your website.
Another way to make your website more attractive and to further increase your traffic is to keep it updated. There should be new items every time – be it promotions, new items and new products. Online marketing should not be taken for granted. It’s a big avenue for selling practically any products. Modes of payment are very convenient as buyers can just charge purchases to their credit cards. As most people are busy, it is crucial to offer the most convenient way to shop.
Image Source: Wealth mission possible