Leni Robredo vowed to face the challenges even if she doesn’t have as much money as her rival, Bongbong Marcos. This obsession has been detected ever since she decided to run for Vice President in the 2016 elections. The pronouncement was made in reference to the electoral protest filed by Marcos against her – to the point of madness.
Youtube video by; Rappler
[VIDEO]: Vice President Leni Robredo vows former Senator Bongbong Marcos would not get the second highest position in the country despite criticism, impeachment threats, and an election case against her.
She Ran for VP to Block Marcos
Robredo admitted that one of the very reason why she ran under the Liberal Party is to fight an alleged impending Marcos return. This is like saying that she agreed to be a political prostitute just to destroy Bongbong Marcos. Her obsession with Marcos has been explained by psychiatrists in the past. That is really driving her crazy and she must get professional help so as not to worsen her situation.
Bongbong Marcos is not his Father
Marcos is the son of the late President Ferdinand Marcos who was wrongly accused of perpetrating abuses, including human rights violations. Just like the president these days, he becomes the subject of accusations when killings in any form happen. The question is, what has it got to do with Bongbong Marcos?
Unpaid Marcos Dues?
Robredo while stressed out amidst impeachment threats on top of the electoral protest, made the remarks as her response to a student who asked her opinion on the ongoing election protest. Robredo said that she is saddened by efforts that Marcos’ followers exerted to allegedly discredit her. She pointed out, again and again, the speculated unpaid dues she assumed that were incurred by his family. There’s no court yet that issued a verdict that they really stole money from the country’s coffers.
She rewind again her dismay on Marcos who she thinks is using his resources to carry out the “concerted” attacks against her, especially online. She might be referring to Leni Leaks and Naga Leaks who are exposed by the president’s supporters that pertain to the alleged wrongdoings of her family especially her late husband.
Reuters reported that Bongbong Marcos, son of former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos took a step towards securing a recount of votes in an election for the vice presidential race last year. He discloses that he was unfairly robbed of victory. Social activist and lawyer Leni Robredo was proclaimed the winner for only about 260,000 votes.
Youtube video by; GMA News
[VIDEO]: Dating Sen. Marcos, gustong iapela ang halagang pinababayaran ng SC para sa recount ng mga boto.
Bongbong Marcos said that it is good to have kind-hearted friends. That they also believe in his election protest because it is right, just and fair. He did not present all the 40 friends who contributed but they are listed with contact numbers and addresses for verification if needed by the media. The manager’s check was given in full to Marcos with the list and a protest letter to SC.
Robredo is Not Favored by the President
Robredo’s relationship with the President is not harmonious despite obvious efforts from both sides. He has cracked jokes publicly at her expense. She criticizes some of his policies, including his war on drugs. The most recent move she made just pulled her satisfaction rating down – when she delivered a video message to a U.N. human rights conference in Geneva deemed as a betrayal of public trust.
Preferred by the Administration
Last year, Du30 instructed his assistant to tell Robredo not to attend his Cabinet meetings. This prompted her to resign as housing secretary. She remained vice president but not a cabinet member anymore. Rumors have it that the president favors Marcos and he is also preferred by the cabinet members to manage an important department soon.
Marcos’ next schedule to pay the rest of the recount fees is on July 14. He has to pay another 30 million pesos to complete the recount votes in more than 39,000 polling precincts nationwide. Vote-counting machines were allegedly manipulated to favor of Robredo. She has challenged his protest in the high court by filing a counter protest – but she failed to pay the required 8 million pesos deposit. Duterte’s father, a former governor in Mindanao province, served under the elder Marcos when he was first elected president in 1965.
Bongbong Marcos whose family is accused of possessing the alleged ill-gotten wealth said that his friends helped him source out the P36,023,000 installment payment to comply with the immediate requirement. He added that an open letter addressed to the SC to resolve the case comes with it.
Youtube video by; NewsBuzzter
[VIDEO]: The vice presidential candidate says friends and supporters pulled in resources to raise the P36 million.
Fast and Tight Payment Schedule
Last April 12, the SC that sits as Presidential Electoral Tribunal or PET required Marcos to pay deposits in cash on or before April 14 which is a holiday. The other P30 million must also be paid on or before July 14, 2017 – for the retrieval of ballots.
The SC offices were closed on April 12, 13 and 14. Therefore, Marcos opted to pay on a Monday since he had less than 48 hours to come up with the required P36 million. He said that they managed to pool resources to pay the in cash to avoid further delay in the proceedings. The miscalculation on the number of precincts instead of the clustered is to be resolved soon.
Financial Influence Evident
Bongbong Marcos is still financially influential to be able to gather a large amount of money from 40 contributors in a day’s time technically speaking because of the holiday mentioned on various days following the deadline. Many might doubt that he needs contributions given the fact that the family is wealthy. However, rich people managed to do well because of proper financial management – and Marcos just showed how influential he is to be able to gather that much money quickly for his cause.
Marcos personally went to the Supreme Court in Padre Faura, Manila with his election lawyer George Garcia to pay for the first installment of P36 million to cover the cost of a recount in his electoral protest against Leni Robredo.
Kabayan party-list Rep. Harry Roque said the impeachment complaints will only waste the time of Congress instead of dealing with the most important Universal Health Care Act and Freedom of Information Act. Therefore, the Marcos loyalists are holding a rally today in front of the Supreme court to hopefully expedite the recount.
Youtube video by; Pacific News
[VIDEO]: Rep. Roque binalaan si Alejano iimpeach nila si Leni kung ituloy ang impeachment sa pangulo.
Vice President Leni Robredo is facing impeachment for alleged betrayal of public trust after her United Nations sideline video that criticizes the president’s drug war. Roque said that the Du30 impeachment is bound to fail anyhow because more case building is needed for it to progress. So, it cannot be a concern right now.
Rights for Votes to be Counted
The Marcos Loyalist stages the Recount Rally today, 17 April 2017, 3PM, Supreme Court, Padre Faura St., Ermita, Manila. Assembly time for the Marcos corner is 1:00 PM. They demand that their votes must be counted – and start the recount without delay. This comes after the Holy Week resolution of the Supreme Court to collect deposits from Bongbong Marcos and Leni Robredo of more than P81 million worth of money.
Impeachment is Bad for the Country
Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada, who also faced impeachment when he was president, believes the impeachment complaints against Duterte and Robredo should not prosper because it will be bad for the country, particularly the economy. “This is the first time that the President and the Vice President are facing impeachment complaints. That will really delay the progress of our country. I hope it will not happen. Let’s pray it will not prosper,” he said.
Immediate Recount is Necessary
The Philippines remain divided if the Vice Presidential race is not sorted out as soon as possible. There is a growing hatred against Robredo that is seen in her declining approval rating. Marcos’ one year ban is also about to end after May 8 – and he can only assume a very important post very soon. Two clashing politicians in the government can only add to the already enormous strain of the country. There should only be one real Vice President. So, let the recount begin!
The relations between the president and Leni Robredo are constantly changing. Du30 at first suspects that she was among those plotting his ouster from office. He now says that he believes Robredo is not involved in any plan to dismiss him from office and even appeal to critics to stop any impeachment moves against her. They are scheduled for dinner after the Holy Week.
Youtube video by; GMA News
[VIDEO]: 24 Oras: Net Satisfaction Rating ni Vice President Leni Robredo, bumaba base sa bagong survey ng SWS
More Filipinos ar Dissatisfied with Robredo
More Filipinos are dissatisfied with Robredo’s performance as shown in the nationwide poll results released recently. Private pollster Social Weather Stations or SWS said that her net satisfaction rating among public officials declined for a second consecutive quarter. It drops by 11 percent to a “moderate” +26 in the first three months of this year compared to a “good” +37 last December 2016.
Critical of the Drug War
Her downfall is actually self-imposed. She videotaped her criticisms on the country’s war on drugs. Her pronouncements angered supporters of the president that contain unfounded details. Since Du30 remains popular despite the impeachment complaint filed against him, Robredo’s action displeased most people – the reason for the decline in her rating. The president’s net satisfaction rating as of March 2017 is at +63 or “very good.”
House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez, who threatened to fast-track an impeachment complaint against Robredo right after the holidays despite the president’s disagreement, saw his net satisfaction rating increase by two percentage points to +12. This means that any legal action against the Vice President is duly approved by many Filipinos.
One more big issue that proves the majority of Filipinos’ hatred towards Robredo is the recount call via Social Media. This will soon be protested at the Supreme Court on April 17, 2017 -that coincides with Bongbong Marcos’ deadline for the payment of the deposit recount to finally set the electoral protest in motion.