Posted on

Should Bongbong Marcos Get Involved with DSWD to Know Where Yolanda Funds Went?

funds





welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

Bongbong Marcos is greatly involved in the rehabilitation of Leyte after Super Typhoon Yolanda four years ago in his personal capacity as the cousin of Tacloban Mayor, Alfred Romualdez. Rejected Social Welfare Secretary Judy Taguiwalo who insists that no billions of pesos worth of funds reached the department during her tenure has no replacement yet. She, however, shows her reluctance to work with Bongbong Marcos if ever he becomes a part of President Du30’s cabinet in an interview. Taguiwalo is a notable anti-Marcos as a leftist. It’s a different ball game now because if there was no Marcos before, there’s definitely no Taguiwalo now. Although the hope for Marcos’ return is still on the rise with the pending recount on his electoral protest against Leni Robredo.






Youtube video by; ABS-CBN News

[VIDEO]: Rejected Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Secretary Judy Taguiwalo said she is not sure what would happen if Senator Bongbong Marcos joins the cabinet of President-elect Rodrigo Du30.

 




Taguiwalo’s CA Rejection

Taguiwalo was the third Cabinet member rejected by the CA. The social activist-educator would remain the President’s friend. It is also unlikely that Vice President Leni Robredo can replace Taguiwal. Some netizens recommend this in an online survey. It is an uncomfortable scenario if the President allows that. She is known to oppose all the major moves of Du30 behind his back. Not during cabinet meetings.




The Government’s Commitment

The country commemorates the fourth anniversary of Super Typhoon Yolanda. Its international name is Haiyan. Malacañang reaffirms the government’s commitment to rebuilding communities affected by the disaster. This is amidst continued cries for shelter among victims. Palace spokesman Harry Roque assures the public that President Rodrigo Du30 would not turn his back on Yolanda victims. The Du30 administration learned from the past mistakes of the Aquino government when it comes to dealing with Yolanda’s devastation.

.



Yolanda’s Anniversary

Du30 visited Yolanda victims in Tacloban City last year. He openly expressed his frustration over the slow housing projects for the super typhoon survivors. The Chief Executive returned to Tacloban in January. he still complains that not all his expectations are met. This year, however, Du30 is not in the country during the Yolanda anniversary, November 8. He attends the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit in Vietnam. This could be very handy for Bongbong Marcos if he is the Vice President.









Bongbong Marcos’ Passionate Hand Might be Needed

The National Housing Authority or NHA data shows that 205,128 houses are for construction. But only 11.4 percent are occupied. Only 33 percent is complete. Although they believe that the real figures are much lower. Roque said that the President backs moves to hold those who caused delays in housing projects accountable. This is for their apparent negligence. Bongbong Marcos has yet to comment on this. Perhaps, his involvement is needed here. Also, Senator Manny Pacquiao earlier suggested conducting a Senate probe where the big chunk of Yolanda funds went.




Palace: No replacement yet for Taguiwalo

4 years later, Yolanda victims still cry for shelter




Posted on

Can PI Break Brisbane’s Rights to Host Pacquiao-Horn Boxing Rematch?

boxing





welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

Australia’s third-largest city, Brisbane secures the rights to host Pacquiao-Horn boxing rematch in November. It beats major cities such as Sydney and Melbourne. The guarantee to pay Manny Pacquiao’s talent fee win or lose was its packed 55,000-seat Suncorp Stadium last July 2. However, Department of Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo said that they have an agreement with MP Productions to hold the event at the Philippine Arena in December.






Youtube video by; sntv – inside every story
[VIDEO]: The new WBO world welterweight champion Jeff Horn received a ticker tape parade and was presented with the key to the city in Brisbane on Thursday (6th July).




DOT’s Call

The DOT eyes December 9 as the fight date. It is a week before the birthday of the boxing legend. It agrees with the MP Productions thereby disputing Brisbane Lord Mayor Graham Quirk’s announcement that the boxing rematch for Brisbane is on in November.




Tough Negotiations

“I have had a meeting earlier today which has confirmed that Manny Pacquiao will definitely be in Brisbane this year for a rematch with Jeff Horn,” Quirk had said. Quirk added that Brisbane Marketing, the city council’s major events subsidiary negotiations with promoters Top Rank and Duco Events.




Beating a Boxing Legend

Horn shocks the world with a controversial victory over the heavily-favored Pacquiao last July 2. The former eight division champion and Senator is referred to as the nice guy of the boxing arena. Even the audience in Brisbane applauded him when he accepts his defeat like a gentleman contrary to the complaints made by many boxing experts that he should have won.








Nothing More to Prove

Horn’s camp may be right saying that you have to be a legend to beat one. Can’t please everybody. All they need to do is to prepare for the next big event. The Senator has reached a point that he does not have to prove himself anymore as a boxer. Perhaps, just to say that despite his retiring age in the ring, he is still on par with the rising new generation champions.




http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/08/22/17/pacquiao-horn-rematch-to-be-held-in-ph-arena-claims-tourism-sec

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2017/08/22/1731609/brisbane-mayor-confirms-pacquiao-vs-horn-rematch




Posted on

Senator Pacquiao’s Boxing Rematch with Jeff Horn Depends on Senate Recess

boxing





welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

Top Rank Promotion chief Bob Arum said the rematch between Australian Jeff Horn and Manny Pacquiao might happen later this year. Arum now coordinates with Pacquiao’s adviser Mike Koncz in the United States. Arum explained that they have not yet decided on the venue of the rematch.  Since Pacquiao is also a Senator, the boxing rematch with Horn must happen during a recess of the Senate.






Youtube video by; News5Everywhere
[VIDEO]: Dati na raw binalaan ni Top Rank promoter Bob Arum si Manny Pacquiao tungkol sa galing at lakas ni Jeff Horn



Negotiations

“We’re trying to figure out when will be the recess of the Senate is. So, we can schedule the fight accordingly. We have to first find out what dates are available. Then, we will decide where we are going to hold the rematch but most probably in Australia again,” Arum said.




No Problem with Arum

Pacquiao denied rumors that he’s not in good terms with the Top Rank Promoter. “I don’t have any problem with Arum. It was the referee and the judges, who had problems during the fight. I don’t want to talk about it anymore,” said Pacquiao.




Arum’s Warning

Arum said throughout the Pacquiao-Horn fight preparation that the Australian posed a real threat to the Filipino champion. “They had this perception that they fed him, that he was going there to pick up a paycheck, that Horn wasn’t a credible fighter. And the more I told them that, the more they disbelieved me because they thought I was saying that to sell tickets. I’m not selling tickets to them,” said Arum.









Pacquiao to Decide

There is a rematch clause in Pacquiao ‘s contract with Arum but he said but it’s only Pacquiao can say if he wants the rematch, or whether he wants to fight again. Both Horn and the Filipino fighter already said after the fight that they are open to the rematch. Pacquiao has no problem to do it again in Australia where he was warmly welcomed by the Australians.

Pacquiao-Horn rematch negotiation begins

Posted on

Manny Pacquiao Recognizes Horn’s Toughness, Importance of Australian Boxing Rematch

boxing





welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

Great Filipino Boxer and Senator Manny Pacquaio never have a single ill word against the victorious, Jeff Horn after their boxing fight in Brisbane. He admits the referee’s partiality, Horn’s rough style but respects the decision that made Australians admire him too. His fan base worldwide is so huge that any unfavorable verdict against him is subject to social media bashing. This is a true measure of his popularity.






Youtube video by; ABS-CBN News
[VIDEO]: Sa kabila ng ilang panawagang magretiro na, di pa rin desidido si Manny ”Pacman” Pacquiao kung tuluyan nang magpapaalam sa boxing.



Pacquiao’s Claim

It was a rough, physical fight for Pacquiao who receive much pressure from the head bangs and elbow blows of Horn. He is also correct that referee Mark Nelson did not do enough to stop Horn’s “dirty” tactics. Horn was uber-aggressive and threw elbows and forearms. He also initiated plenty of physical contact with Pacquiao. Nelson can handle it better but he did not. No warnings from him at all which is supposedly his job.




Social Media Bashing

Pacquiao has the most loyal fan base in the world. Some fans are often so blindly loyal they can’t accept that he can lose. Timothy Bradley admitted a few years ago that he almost committed suicide after the trolls and online harassment he received from Pacquiao fans. This is after his controversial win over Pacquiao in 2012. Pacquiao’s use of the phrase “set up” in the recent fight with Horn is troubling. This is why he felt the need to step in and recognizes Horn’s toughness that contributes to his victory.




Bashing Referee

That fight was called a robbery in favor of Pacquiao. The online harassment of Horn and his pregnant wife has begun. As a God-fearing man, Pacquiao cannot allow this. He knows quite well what happened to Bradley in the past. His fans would always root for him. He, therefore, made a public statement quickly – telling people that such “dirty” tactics are acceptable in boxing – for as long as the referee knows how to control it. He also explained what he meant by “set up.”









Australian Audience

Pacquiao certainly knows the importance of the Australian market for the boxing industry. The Battle of Brisbane held at Suncorp Stadium was the biggest fight ever in Australia. It was overwhelmingly profitable in terms of turnouts and sponsorships. Despite losing, Pacquiao has a guaranteed payment of $10 M vs Horn’s $ 0.5 M. The Filipino fighter also does not need to prove anything anymore. He has made a lot of money and got the respect of most boxing enthusiasts and experts. As a philanthropist, he wants to preserve the integrity of boxing and urges fans not to bash the boxers but the glitches in the process to improve any anomalous systems. He’s also looking forward to the rematch later this year.




https://sports.yahoo.com/manny-pacquiao-may-gotten-robbed-needs-tell-trolls-shut-214645335.html




Posted on

WBO: No Reversal on Referee Miscalls Highlighted in GAB’s Note on Pacquiao-Horn Boxing Fight

boxing





welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

The discretion of a referee or judge cannot be reversed, except in a case of fraud or violation of laws which is not the case in Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn fight. This is the reply of World Boxing Organization on GAB’s letter that highlights the miscalls of the referee that even Manny Pacquiao said that he is obviously protecting Horn.






Youtube video by; United News International
[VIDEO]: The Philippine Games and Amusement Board requests a review of the Jeff Horn-Manny Pacquiao fight in Brisbane, Australia on July 2



Outrage on Social Media

Fans express their outrage at the decision on Horn’s victory over Pacquiao. They flood social media with their displeasure. This prompted the Philippine Games and Amusements Board to reach out to the World Boxing Organization. It is the sanctioning body that supervised the Pacquiao-Horn title clash.




Decision is Final

The Games and Amusements Board Facebook page state that GAB Chairman Abraham Mitra, along with commissioners Eduard Trinidad and Matthew Gaston, sent an email to WBO President Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel. They asked for a ‘thorough review’ of the Pacquiao-Horn fight.




No Question on Horn’s Win

Pacquiao respects the decision but insists that GAB’s letter should get an explanation of WBO on the fight’s decision to preserve the dignity of boxing. WBO only responded to emphasize that the only time a referee or judge’s decision can be reversed is in the case of a violation or fraud. This is not the case in the Pacquiao-Horn match, they said.









Victory for Surpassing Low Expectations

Pacquiao lost to Horn on the scorecards 117-111, 115-113, 115-113. Referee Mark Nelson nearly stopped the fight after Horn got a lot of damage from Pacquiao. A controversial video went viral on this one over the internet. Horn became the new WBO welterweight world champion in the end that discouraged multitudes of boxing fans. Well, sportsmanship is gone. Boxing is clearly just for entertainment.




http://sports.abs-cbn.com/boxing/news/2017/07/05/gab-pacquiao-reach-wbo-battle-brisbane-28212