On almost the same period as Jinggoy Estrada’s release from prison after posting bail, the Ombudsman junked former President Benigno Aquino III’s appeal. This is to dismiss criminal charges against him for his role in the deadly Mamasapano encounter in January 2015. However, the Ombudsman dismissed homicide charges against the former President because of lack of probable cause. So, his fate is not yet clear.
Youtube video by; GMA News
[VIDEO]: Ex-Sen. Jinggoy Estrada’s release from detention after paying P1.3-M bail.
Justification of the Ombudsman
Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales explains that what Aquino did wrong was to allow then-Philippine National Police Chief Alan Purisima to play a major role in the Mamasapano operation. This is despite the official being under preventive suspension.
Free after 3 Years
Meanwhile, after three years of detention, former Senator Jinggoy Estrada walks out of the Philippine National Police (PNP) Custodial Center in Camp Crame. Estrada was accused of plunder and anti-graft and corruption charges. He was released last Sept. 16 around 12:30 p.m. after posting bail of P1.33-million at the Sandiganbayan.
Estrada was accompanied by his wife, Precy,. All his children – San Juan Vice Mayor Janella, Jolo, Julian, and Jill, as well as his brother Jude, were also there. He said that he was very happy and elated to be reunited with his family.
Help from his Appointee
The Ombudsman did not deny that Aquino indeed has a criminal liability over the SAF 44’s early demise. However, it is not a homicide case. Therefore, he might avoid being imprisoned unless there’s a more serious verdict. Earlier, he already prepared for the worst. Obviously, what goes around, comes around.
Selective Justice of the previous LP administration continues through the Ombudsman. This is the perception of the public when Conchita Carpio-Morales orders the arrest of Senator Gringo Honasan. The avid Bongbong Marcos is bound to join Senators Jinggoy Estrada, Bong Revilla, and Juan Ponce Enrile over the PDAF scam anomaly. At the same time, the Supreme Court bars VP Leni Robredo’s supporters to help her in paying her balance for her counter-protest against Marcos.
Youtube Video by; Rappler
[VIDEO]: The Office of the Ombudsman charges Senator Gringo Honasan with graft Tuesday over the diversion of his pork barrel or priority development assistance fund.
Supreme Court Decision
The Supreme Court that sits as PET rejects the petition of Vice President Leni Robredo’s supporters. They asked SC to allow them to help pay the remaining fee for the election protest. The Piso Para sa Laban ni Leni members are disappointed with the High Court’s decision.
Robredo’s supporters cannot accept the SC ruling. “We shall set forth arguments not previously raised and build on points already stated in the petition,” he added. Presidential Decree No. 46 prohibits public officials from receiving gifts or any other valuable thing on any occasion when the gift is given because of an official’s position. This is regardless of whether or not the gift is given for past favors, or if the giver is expecting to receive a favor or better treatment in the future.
Ombudsman Turns to Honasan
The Sandiganbayan earlier issued the Senator a warrant of arrest over the alleged misuse of his P29.1-million Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) or pork barrel in 2012. This follows the Office of the Ombudsman’s filing of the case against the senator and his co-accused on August 1. Honasan may post bail once arrested. At this time of writing, he already surrendered to the PNP.
Honasan is Innocent
Honasan denies the allegations. He said that he is “completely innocent of the charges” against him. “All my life I have fought everything I am accused of, and I will continue to do so,” he declared. Honasan faces two counts of graft for violating Republic Act 3019 or the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act. This is for “giving any private party any unwarranted benefits, advantage or preference in the discharge of his official administrative or judicial functions through manifest partiality, evident bad faith or gross inexcusable negligence.”
Joey Salgado, the Binay Camp spokesperson accuses Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales, an appointee of former President Benigno Aquino III, of taking a page from the Liberal Party’s playbook. This refers to her decision to press charges against the former vice president and his son, Junjun Binay.
Youtube video by; INQUIRER.net
[VIDEO]: VICE President Jejomar Binay said he was hurt and sad about the graft charges he is set to face over the allegedly overpriced Makati car park building.
Game Plan Pursued
Salgado reiterates; “This only proves our point. Even after the Liberal Party ends its reign, the Ombudsman continues to pursue the game plan against Binay. It is a kind of episode in the yellow playbook,” he said in a statement. Aquino turned his wrath into Binay when the latter refused to help the ex-President to block Bongbong Marcos for the VP post. Instead, Binay urged him to allow a clean election to happen but to no avail.
Salgado said Morales denied the former vice president his right to answer the charges against him and his son. Makati City Mayor Jejomar Erwin Binay Jr. was dismissed from the mayoralty. However, Makati residents installed his sister, Abby Binay as Makati Mayor during the 2016 elections. Salgado added that; In her haste to indict the former Vice President, the Ombudsman committed the act of denying him his right to answer the allegations against him.
Indictment is Ultimate Proof
The Binays’ indictment by the Ombudsman is the ultimate proof that the Liberal Party influence still exists despite not being in the most powerful spot anymore. This can be seen in the Congress with Gov. Imee Marcos’ case and is under close watch at the Supreme Court with Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno for Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest against Leni Robredo.
Now, citizen Jejomar Binay condemned the political persecution over his “hasty indictment” on graft and falsification charges. This is in connection with the alleged rigging of the P1.3-billion Makati Science High School. The overpriced Makati car park building is a separate thing that also falls in the same tune.
Former vice president Jejomar Binay Sr. and his son, “JunJun” are not surprised when Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales, an Aquino appointee filed criminal charges of graft and falsification of public documents charges against them. This is for the allegedly anomalous procurement in the construction of the P1.3-billion Makati Science High School Building.
Youtube video by; ABS-CBN News
[VIDEO]: We find the strangest bed fellows in Philippine politics. This report tells us about the curious case of Gringo Honasan and Jojo Binay.
Cases Filed by the Ombudsman
Morales confirmed her order to file criminal charges against the Binays for allegedly conspiring to rig the procurement of the 10-storey science high school building on Kalayaan Avenue in Makati. The younger Binay was ordered charged with four counts of violation of Section 3(e) of the anti-graft law, and three counts of Falsification.
Witch Hunt against the Binays
Binay’s spokesperson Joey Salgado said the Binays’ indictment came as no surprise. He accused the Ombudsman of launching a “witch hunt against them. This is just to continue the election campaign of the Ombudsman as a “tool” of the Liberal Party. She just intends to politically persecute the enemies of her party including the current President. It is noted that Morales and Du30 are now having a war of words.
Prior to the 2016 election, there was a confusion why Senator Gringo Honasan chose to run as Vice President with Binay as his Presidential candidate. Meanwhile, Honasan’s ally Senator Juan Ponce Enrile endorsed Bongbong Marcos as VP. It even got more complicated when the Binay-Honasan tandem promoted Marcos despite Honasan’s running for the same position. Now, it is evident that their common goal is to support the return of Ferdinand Marcos’ namesake.
Bongbong Marcos’ Evidence in the Electoral Protest
Relevant evidence gathered by the Marcos camp to support his electoral protest against Leni Robredo was from the Binay Camp through its initiator Pastor Boy Saycon. It is remembered that Saycon accompanied whistle blowers of the alleged digital fiasco of Smartmatic that implicates the Comelec into its connivance with the alleged election fraud in a Senate hearing.
Gov. Imee Marcos faces the media in Manila while her lawyers filed before the Supreme Court an omnibus petition to seek the liberty of her employees. This is an order that “enjoins and prohibits” the conduct of the House investigation, and the issuance of the writ. Marcos swears that Ilocos Norte remembers and condemns Rudy Fariñas’ ambition to be Ombudsman and Congress Rep. for his daughter.
Youtube video by; ABS-CBN News
[VIDEO]: Ayon kay Marcos, gusto niyang pumunta sa pagdinig pero mayroong nagpapayo sa kaniya na sa Ilocos na lamang magpa-interrogate sa pamamagitan ng video conference.
Illegal, Cruel and Evil
“Incarcerating my poor, old, defenseless employees in order to force them to testify against me and against the province is not only illegal, cruel and evil, it is also cowardly,” Marcos said. “Please, Congress, free the “Ilocos Six,” and if this is truly the ‘Game of Thrones,’ please be warned today: the North remembers and it never forgets,” she vowed.
Disruption of Public Service
She said the allegation distracts the Ilocos Norte officials from attending to the province’s affairs. Marcos and her detained finance officials; Pedro Agcaoili, chair of the provincial bids and awards committee and provincial planning and development officer; Evangeline Tabulog, provincial budget officer; Josephine Calajate, provincial treasurer; Eden Battulayan, provincial accountant; and provincial treasurer’s office staff Genedine Jambaro and Encarnacion Gaor are the petitioners in the official plea.
Crisis in Congress
House Majority Leader Rodolfo Fariñas, Marcos’ local rival, Surigao del Sur Rep. Johnny Pimentel, chair of the Committee on Good Government and Public Accountability, and Lt. Gen. Roland Detabali, the House Sergeant-at-Arms are under the lawsuit. “If there is terrorism in Marawi, there is a hostage crisis in Congress. Marcos describes the plight of the Ilocos Norte officials where they are held hostage in the House of Representatives.
Marcos, daughter of the late President Ferdinand Marcos whose family has loyal followers nationwide especially in the north, traced the controversy to an early “politicking” for local positions in her province. Fariñas family has a stake, especially in the governorship and mayoralty. The Senate and the Congress are also possible branches for nationwide positions that the two families can clash.