Bongbong Marcos’ legal spokesperson Vic Rodriguez said that they are about to request the Supreme Court to designate at least 100 revision committee for the immediate conclusion of the recount of the ballots. Rodriguez said that these committees can comprise of lawyers and clerks of court, all to be staffed by the PET.
Youtube video by; GMA News
[VIDEO]: Election protest ni Marcos at Robredo, isinalang na sa preliminary conference
The manual recount of ballots in the first three pilot provinces selected by Bongbong Marcos could start in October. Marcos’ legal counsel, George Garcia, estimated this in a press conference after the Supreme Court concluded the preliminary conference on Marcos’ electoral protest against Leni Robredo.
The Tribunal requests to both camps to limit their witnesses to three persons per precinct. Marcos’ camp wants the PET to recount first the ballot boxes in Camarines Sur, Iloilo, and Negros Oriental. Once the slim lead of Robredo is overshadowed, a further recount might not be necessary anymore.
PET’s proposed venue for the manual recount and judicial revision of ballots is the basketball court inside the Court of Appeals. Marcos’ Camp appreciate’s the Supreme Court’s readiness in their outline to really allow the recount to take place very swiftly.
Grateful to the Supreme Court
Marcos thanked the PET for the progress of his electoral protest. It is already one year from last year’s election but the Supreme Court made various efforts to facilitate the recount without delay. They even set aside Robredo’s pleas to be taken up at a later date if necessary. The recount is indeed the priority as far as SC is concerned.
Some Leni Robredo’s supporters already freak out now that the Supreme Court fast-tracks Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest. Some of their social media posts ridiculously claim that the money used to pay the 66M recount fee is from the tobacco excise tax that has put the Ilocos 6 in detention to implicate Governor Imee Marcos.
Youtube video by; News5Everywhere
[VIDEO]: Kasama natin ang News5 court reporter JV Arcena para himayin ang mga nangyari sa preliminary conference para sa electoral protest ni dating Senador Bongbong Marcos laban kay VP Robredo.
Social Media Stunts Failed
Robredo is also bashed via social media for not attending the recent Preliminary Conference where a multitude of Marcos’ supporters gathered even from the night before the event. There are posts that tried to justify her no-show action that she was in Bicol to renew her driver’s license.
The trolls that accused Marcos on the alleged tobacco excise usage to pay for the protest are called idiots by his defenders for even thinking that the money spent for the farmers’ vehicles in 2012 is re-channelled in advance for the 2017 recount fee. As if Marcos can guess that he will be cheated in the 2016 election.
Marcos won’t comment anymore on the Congress’ threat to him for the advice he gave to his sister. He does not want her to attend the July 25 hearing. Harrold Toledana of the 31,000-strong BBM Youth and Roberto dela Cerna, leader of the Katipunan ng Pilipinong Makabayan and KAbataan SAndigan at Gabay ng Pilipino Inc., said that the House probe is a hogwash. It is just for pure politicking. They believe that any statement by Gov. Marcos before the House will not matter to lawmakers. It is because they already have a decision which is to detain her.
Gov. Marcos Need Not to Attend Hearing
Ilocos Norte players told Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos not to attend the hearing on July 25. This is the same advice given by her brother, Bongbong Marcos. Marcos supporters are aghast when the Congress publicizes the detention room prepared for Marcos. “What is the purpose of going there to attend if in the end, they will not believe what she will say and their real intention is to detain Governor Imee?” Philip Terry of BBM-POGI asks.
Bongbong Marcos’ press conference followed right after the preliminary conference to announce its aftermath. The Supreme Court explained that based on the history of electoral protest in the country, no case yet has progressed quickly. They themselves are in the learning curve, said the Chief Justice. The PET, therefore, decides to set aside all motions that can delay the protest.
Youtube via Facebook; ANC HD
[VIDEO]: Bongbong Marcos holds a press conference after the Preliminary Conference.
Leni Robredo’s Motions
VP Leni Robredo sought the dismissal of the poll protest. She cites the lack of merit and jurisdiction of PET. This is despite the high tribunal’s ruling that Marcos’ protest is sufficient in form and substance. Other motions include the clarification for Marcos to shoulder the expenses incurred by Comelec. These are all set aside at the moment and might be tackled after the recount if necessary after summarizing all issues.
Marcos paid the remaining P30 million for his electoral protest against Robredo. The payment was in two checks. One amounts to P15-million and the other was for P15.2-million. He paid the balance ahead of the July 14 deadline set by the Supreme Court. It ordered Marcos to pay P66,223,000 for the recount in 132,446 precincts.
The PET was apologetic for the slow process and the Marcos camp can only be grateful for their explanation that delays happen because this is the first electoral protest of its nature and they do not have the template yet on how to handle it efficiently and quickly.
Justices’ Good Interest
Marcos is thankful to the Supreme Court Justices that they themselves are also interested to see the case resolved at the soonest possible time through the recount. This is the reason why all pending petitions may have to wait to give way to the electoral protest process. It is expected that after a week, these petitions are shortlisted and the retrieval of the ballot boxes should follow the week after that.
Bongbong Marcos, who filed the election protest against Leni Robredo, joined the overnight vigil with his supporters in front of the Supreme Court the night before July 11. The Preliminary Conference starts at 2 PM.
Youtube video by; Bagong Lipunan
[VIDEO]: Nagsagawa ng prayer vigil para sa katotohanan ang mga Marcos loyalists at supporters sa harap ng Korte Suprema kagabi at binisita ito ni dating Senador Bongbong Marcos (BBM). Ngayong araw, July 11, 2017, kasi gaganapin ang unang preliminary conference ng protesta ni BBM laban kay Leni Robredo.
Robredo Ready to Face
Robredo’s is ready to face the high court that sits as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal. They said that Marcos is only prolonging his protest. He has yet to prove that the integrity of the automated elections was compromised. Then that is when he can demand on ballot recounts and examination of election documents.
Marcos’ Initial Choice
Marcos, however, stuns them when he discloses the three pilot provinces to best exemplify fraud or irregularities in his protest brief. He named Camarines Sur, Iloilo, and Negros Oriental. Marcos to explain how Robredo won the polls with a 263,473 vote lead. This was highly criticized by Robredo’s camp.
Robredo’s Listed Provinces
Robredo also listed three provinces in her counter-protest brief: Capiz, Sulu, and North Cotabato. She said that Marcos’ protest is based on general allegations. Her camp speculates that they have designed manufactured evidence to sway the results in his favor. Nevertheless, this is impossible for the Marcos camp to do. It was the Liberal Party’s reign when the election happened in 2016.
Marcos also criticized Robredo for blocking moves to recount the results of the VP race in almost 40,000 clustered precincts. Robredo’s camp filed a manifestation with a motion for clarification before the PET. They want Marcos to pay for the expenses incurred by the Commission on Elections over his election protest.
Bongbong Marcos’ supporters were the first to populate the front area of the Supreme Court. The loyalists were already on vigil the night prior to the Preliminary Conference of his election protest against Leni Robredo. They all want him to go and get back their votes allegedly stolen by the camp of the reigning VP.
Youtube video by; Dan NewsTV
[VIDEO]: It’s Bongbong Marcos versus Vice President Leni Robredo. The Supreme Court, acting as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal, is taking up Marcos’ protest today.
Courtesy: CNN PH
Red During Overnight Vigil
The passionate loyalists wear the official color of the Marcos camp which is red. This signifies their undying flame in seeking for the truth. Bongbong in return did not fail in thanking them for their efforts. He made it a point to grace their vigil.
The Marcos camp was earlier criticized by its opponent for changing the 3 pilot provinces for the recount to Camarines Sur, Iloilo, and Negros Oriental. They were made to believe that they will go for the disputed MILF region. 362 witnesses are ready for the shortlisting process. It is expected that the election protest proceedings will be tedious and complicated given the numerous issues of alleged fraudulent activities that Robredo vowed to defend.
Precincts for Protest
In Marcos’ motion, he asks the PET to order the decryption and printing of the ballot images from the SD cards used in the 36,465 clustered precincts contested in his protest against Vice President Leni Robredo. Robredo’s lawyers reiterated to challenge him to prove first that the digital election process was fraudulent, as per the first part of his protest.
Marcos dropped by at the vigil and said that the time has come for the people to know the right number of vote counts, who really excel, and finally who is the real winner for the 2016 election Vice Presidential race. It is at the Prelim that the issues are simplified for a speedier process. His supporters are praying for the Supreme Court’s fairness in officiating the recount.