Andres Bautista, Ex-Pnoy’s appointee was the PCGG Chair in charge of chasing the alleged ill-gotten wealth of the Marcoses. Now, he’s the Comelec Chair whom Bongbong Marcos accuses of conniving with Smartmatic. This pertains to the dirtiest ever digital election in 2016 that favors Liberal Party candidates especially VP Leni Robredo.
Youtube video by; INQUIRER.net
[VIDEO]: After meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte, the wife of Commission on Elections Chair Andres Bautista submitted last week to the National Bureau of Investigation an affidavit. She says that the Comelec chief might have amassed nearly P1 billion worth of ill-gotten wealth.
Patricia Paz “Tish” Bautista submitted the affidavit on Aug. 1, five days after meeting the President in Malacañang. She discloses several passbooks, real property documents under her husband’s name and some of his relatives. Those were not included in his 2016 statement of assets, liabilities and net worth or SALN.
“I understand that since Andy holds the position of Comelec chair, he is liable to be impeached should there exist valid and sufficient grounds to hold him in a trial for an impeachable offense under Sec. 2, Article XI of the 1987 Philippine Constitution,” Patricia said in the affidavit. Bautista was appointed by former President Benigno Aquino III as Comelec Chair in May 2015. In 2010, Aquino also made him Presidential Commission on Good Government Chairman. PCGG is the agency tasked with going after the ill-gotten wealth of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos and his family.
Kept in the Dark
Her lawyers insist that Patricia has no hand in the purchase or acquisition of the questionable properties because her husband always kept her in the dark with regards to their assets. Patricia said that based on her own assessment, the cumulative value of the properties at their acquisition costs was between P250 million and P300 million. It is “definitely more than P158.5 million” that Bautista declared in his 2016 SALN.
Disclosure Supports Marcos
Patricia discloses her discoveries to the media as what she divulged through her NBI affidavit. She also narrates her life she had with her husband of 17 years from whom she wants to separate since 2013. Her revelation only supports Bongbong Marcos’ accusation of Comelec’s connivance with the Liberal Party to block his victory. Since the President already knows this, she definitely made the right move.
Bongbong Marcos is confident that the retrieval of ballots and other relevant election paraphernalia can lead to an immediate revision of votes by October. This is if the recount can start middle of August. On the other hand, Robredo’s camp insists that the PET must first resolve the issue on the digital election integrity. This is the first part of Marcos’ electoral protest.
Youtube video by; News5Everywhere
[VIDEO]: Ipinapa-manual recount ng magkabilang panig ang ilang probinsya na walang bumoto para kina VP Leni Robredo at ex-Sen. Bongbong Marcos.
Marcos supporters are already asking for updates on the electoral protest as soon as August starts. However, the Marcos camp expects the Supreme Court to start the recount by mid-August. The retrieval of ballot boxes from Marcos’ key provinces was already requested upon paying in full.
The PET directed both camps to submit their respective comments, within 5 days, on issues that the tribunal identified in connection with Marcos’ and Robredo’s respective poll protests. This includes limiting their witnesses to three per precinct. By now, both camps must have shortlisted their witnesses already.
Marcos thanked the Supreme Court for the actions it has taken to fast-track the recount process. He expressed his faith in the tribunal. Earlier, the PET assigned a panel of justices to assist in the recount as suggested by Marcos. The venue of the process is already determined and equipped with the necessary fixtures. The basketball court will serve as the center for the activity.
October Revision of Election Votes
Marcos’ lead counsel, George Garcia, said he sees no need to contest or oppose the motion of Robredo to resolve the integrity issue first. He just hoped that the revision of votes would begin in October. If this is undertaken, results can be known already by February – at least for their camp’s pilot areas: Negros Oriental, Camarines Sur, and Iloilo provinces.
Vice President Leni Robredo insists that the Supreme Court as the PET should first resolve the issue on the integrity and legitimacy of the digital election system. This is based on the sequence of issues raised Bongbong Marcos in his election protest. She pushes to delay the recount after her payment extension for the second tranche of her counter protest was granted. The SC also clarified that it is difficult to figure out the reliability of the automated poll. Therefore, it is best to move swiftly into the recount proceedings as per popular public demand.
Youtube video by; Elena Grace Flores
[VIDEO]: Bongbong Marcos says that Leni Robredo’s failure to pay the first and second tranches of P8 M and P7 M respectively on time is the basis for the Supreme Court to dismiss her counter-protest.
Pushes for Recount Delay
Robredo’s lawyers Romulo Macalintal and Maria Bernadette Sardillo state in a Manifestation said that she is “open to impleading the Commission on Elections or Comelec to prove the integrity of the AES. It is remembered that Marcos seeks SC to rule that the election agency must be barred from having temporary custody of the ballot boxes.
Marcos’ First Claim
Marcos raised with the PET the “flawed” AES. He cites the failure of elections in several provinces in Mindanao. The unauthorized introduction by Smartmatic’s Marlon Garcia of a new script into the transparency server on the day of the elections was stressed. Robredo’s camp said that Marcos’ claim of “system-wide vulnerability has a sweeping effect on a national scale.” So this can extend to all 92,509 clustered precincts that functioned in the 2016 national and local elections.
No Need to Fish Evidence
Sardillo also asks the PET separately “to first resolve Marcos’ question on AES first before the recount. Macalintal accuses Marcos of “merely fishing for evidence.” The Robredo camp is badly hurt when Marcos changes his 3 pilot provinces. All proofs are already with PET. There’s no need to fish more evidence. They have more than enough.
Attempt to Stop the Recount Quest of the Supreme Court
Bongbong Marcos earlier thank the Supreme Court for their preparedness to facilitate the immediate recount. The pending motions for consideration are also set aside to avoid delay. The SC said that it is their intention to finally resolve who the real VP is. The recount is the best method to determine that. Therefore, they rule that the first issue of the digital election can follow after the recount is done. Robredo obviously doesn’t want this to happen immediately thus the reason for her insistence.
Bongbong Marcos paid off his balance for the electoral protest against Leni Robredo – then the news about the CA’s disapproval on the alleged Martial Law victims’ petition to claim the almost $ 200 M award given by the Hawaii Court from the Marcos estate looms. The CA confirms the Makati RTC ruling that the foreign branch does not have jurisdiction over the issue.
Youtube video by; Elena Grace Flores
[VIDEO]: Marcos money can’t be released to claimants because US court has no jurisdiction as per CA.
66 M is Peanuts Compared to the Marcos Estate
People can’t help but compare the amount of money that Marcos paid for the protest fee with the amount in US$ initially awarded to the alleged victims of Martial Law. Php 66 M is just peanuts compared to the $ 200 M that can be taken from the Marcos Estate. The Court of Appeals, however, cites many reasons why they disapproved the said petition.
CA said; “To our minds, the failure of the final judgement to meet the standards of what a valid judgement is in our country compels us to deny its enforcement. Rules of comity should not be made to prevail over our Constitution and we cannot allow foreign impositions to trample upon our sovereignty.”
10,000 Claimants are Not Valid
The claimants are not identified in the first place. The Hawaii Court also failed to ensure that the ten Filipino citizens who brought the suit were truly and legally authorised by the other purported claimants. They also did not have any power of attorney from the other claimants.
Paid Ahead of Time
Marcos paid the balance of the protest fee before the Supreme Court. PET began the preliminary hearing on his electoral protest and Robredo’s counter-protest. Itearlier ordered Marcos to complete the payment of his Php 66.2-million electoral protest fee before July 14. He paid a Php 200,000-deposit upon filing the protest, and an initial Php 36,023,000 on April 17. On the other hand, Robredo appeals the second instalment for her counter-protest to be deferred. The Marcos estate might be worth a lot of money but Bongbong Marcos is also a competent business man to be scared of a lump sum for the truth to come out.