The youth and OFW votes certainly helped one Senator Imee Marcos in the recent May 13, 2019, mid-year election. These are on top of the loyalists’ votes. She’s also one of the INC’s endorsees. Her various alliances are also to her advantage. In earlier reports, the outgoing Ilocos Norte governor is the number one bet in Hongkong. Other overseas precincts follow suit. Now, ground election watchers report that she definitely bags one of the 12 Senate seats. Marcos is number 7 in the unofficial results at closing time. Although it is alarming that in the early hours of May 14, there are reports that she slides slightly down to the 8th spot. However, Comelec spokesman, James Jimenez said that the official announcement of the winners can take up to 2 weeks.
YouTube video by
jam pj aweewee
[VIDEO]: IMEE MARCOS SURE WIN IN SENATORIAL RACE 2019
Unity Knows NO Boundaries
The Fariñas and Marcos clans are allies once again. A week after before the elections, Ilocos Norte 1st District Representative Rudy Fariñas said he supports the senatorial bid of his former rival, Ilocos Norte Governor Imee Marcos. This was after he withdraws his gubernatorial bid versus, Marcos’ son, Matthew Manotoc.
Survey Ranking Just Before the Election
1. Cynthia Villar: 55.9%, 1st
2. Grace Poe: 46.7%, 2nd to 3rd
3. Taguig City Representative Pia Cayetano: 45.%, 2nd to 4th
4. Former presidential aide Bong Go: 42.%, 3rd to 7th
5. Former senator Bong Revilla: 39.5%, 4th to 8th
6. Senator Lito Lapid: 38.5%, 4th to 9th
7. Former Bureau of Corrections chief Ronald dela Rosa: 37.9%, 4th to 9th
8. Senator Juan Edgardo Angara: 36.3%, 5th to 10th
9. Ilocos Norte Governor Imee Marcos: 34.1%, 6th to 14th
10. Senator Nancy Binay: 32.8%, 8th to 15th
11. Senator Koko Pimentel: 31.7%, 9th to 15th
12. Senator JV Estrada Ejercito: 31.2%, 9th to 15th
13 Former senator Jinggoy Estrada: 30.8%, 9th to 15th
14. Senator Paolo Benigno “Bam” Aquino IV: 30.6%, 9th to 15th
15. Former presidential adviser Francis Tolentino: 28.9%, 10th to 15th
Hongkong Slot is Guaranteed
In a series of daily updates by the founder of Marcos Loyalists in Hong Kong, Iron Rock shows Imee Marcos’ lead in the Senatorial election race. She guarantees the position of Imee Marcos in the Senate in the island. However, this may not be the same as the nationwide results. Although her inclusion is quite predictable.
Controversy on Marcos’ Party
The Comelec, last May 8, accredits parties that are in alliance with President Rodrigo Du30 as the dominant majority and dominant minority parties in this year’s elections. The President’s party, PDP-Laban, was named the dominant majority party while the Villar-led Nacionalista Party was made the dominant minority party. They are both pro-administration groups that many opposition stalwarts opposed.
The Comelec’s Difficulty
The Commission on Elections made a dozen of arrests after it launches a task force against vote buying. But the poll body’s new citizens arm says several factors would make it difficult to file cases against them. Despite the efforts of Marcos’ detractors, she still went through.