By: Elena Grace Flores
Atty. Glenn Chong said there is a big possibility that he was the target of the ambush that killed his aide, Richard Santillan, and another woman recently. Chong filed his candidacy for senator in the 2019 midterm elections. He appeared in several investigations of the Senate and the House of Representatives about the alleged election fraud in 2016. Despite his denial and Bongbong Marcos’ confirming that he’s not one of his lawyers, the presumptive VP Leni Robredo still insists that he must be affiliated to Marcos. Chong even likens Smartmatic to a mafia that manipulates the people’s voting results in favor of the yellow stalwarts.
Youtube Video by ABS-CBN News
[VIDEO]: Glenn Chong itinangging sindikato ang napatay niyang aide.
Chong said he would file murder charges against the policemen involved in an alleged shootout with his long-time security aide in Cainta, Rizal. He vows to bring the case to court. The attorney claims that the firearms, a grenade and other evidence found inside the vehicle were planted by the police.
Team of Lawyers
Chong also forms a team of lawyers to support the filing of the case. He is undeniably sure that they all did it. H will not spare anyone said. On top of that, investigators of the Commission on Human Rights already issue a subpoena for the police to release reports related to the case, Chong added.
Physical Evidence Points to Murder
Atty. Chong spoke to Chief Supt. Edward Carranza, police regional director for Calabarzon earlier. He got hold of all reports concerning the incident. This includes the autopsy, intelligence, and Scene of the Crime Operatives reports, and other pieces of evidence that the police have against his aide.
Prospect of the Senator to Be
Atty. Chong swears that the Commission on Elections and the Venezuela-based Smartmatic Inc., which supplies the Vote Counting Machines for the 2016 polls, are his absolute enemies. His statement is clear that he has no other grudges with anyone. He roles out his local rival because he’s already running for a national post.
Murder charges are at stake against the members of the Regional Intelligence Unit of the Cainta police and the HPG, declares Chong. He will never stop until Santillan gets justice for his untimely death. 14 policemen are already relieved from their posts to allow smooth investigation on the case. The senatorial candidate certainly deserves the sympathy of the public for what’s he’s going through while fighting for a clean election.
By: Elena Grace Flores
Clean election advocate and candidate for Senator, Atty. Glenn Chong claims that his aide Richard Santillan is a victim of police brutality. This is contrary to the police report. He figures ambush after seeing his car with at least 30 bullet hits. Chong can only blame Smartmatic that aids election cheaters to manipulate voting results. The lawyer previously exposes the anomalies in the 2016 elections. This coincides with the Marcos-Robredo electoral protest proceedings.
Youtube Video by Eagle News
[VIDEO]: Pagpatay sa security aide ni dating Rep Chong, kinondena
Spot Report is Inconsistent with the Physical Evidence
Chong is certain that his aide’s murder by the police happens at around 2 a.m. on Dec. 10 in Cainta, Rizal. This is based on a video that they got. According to Chong, the footage shows patrol cars in front and at the back of Santillan’s car that he owns. Quite a contrary to the police spot report that there was a shootout. He also puts logic on the authority’s claims about Santillan’s alleged possession of shabu. Then accuses the cops of planting evidence there.
Loopholes to be Proven
He also points out some loopholes in the police spot report on the allegations that Santillan is a suspect as a member of the Highway Boys Group which operates in Taytay, Cainta, and Pasig City. Santillan is a constant companion of Chong in his political errands in the last 8 years. Santillan’s autopsy reports that his body tests negative of paraffin. He is also not a drug trader. No gun and it is unlikely that the grenade found can be hidden inside Chong’s car.
All 14 policemen that have to do with the brutal attack are now relieved from their posts. Sacked were Senior Supt. Lou Evangelista as provincial director of Rizal and Supt. Pablito Nangang, as chief of police of Cainta. The others are 10 members of the CALABARZON Regional Intelligence Group and four cops from Cainta police station.
Administrative Relief Pending Investigation
Chief Supt. Edward Carranza, director of the CALABARZON regional police, said his order was an administrative relief pending the investigation on the death of Richard Santillan in Cainta.
Election 2019 Senatorial Candidate
To avenge Santillan’s death, Chong runs for Senator in the 2019 elections. He said that it was his close aide’s intention to serve him while he remains true to his country. He vows to continue his fight for clean elections in the Senate should he win a seat. The generous support of his followers and allies really overwhelms Atty. Chong.
By: Elena Grace Flores
Senator Risa Hontiveros, who is known to defend criminals claims that the Du30 administration’s martial law has a record of distorting the rule of law. It allegedly mobilizes the state’s resources and machinery against its opponents. She insists that the situation in Mindanao seems to have similarity with that of the late President Ferdinand Marcos’ regime. Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año’s response to Hontiveros during a deliberation says it all: Only lawless individuals in Mindanao are afraid of the military rule. She should study the difference between the two versions as per the constitution itself.
Youtube Video by PH News Unfiltered
[VIDEO]: Sagutan ni Risa Hontiveros at Eduardo Año sa Martial Law extension sa House
Hontiveros expresses her sentiment that law enforcement agencies should rely on the 1987 Constitution on the fulfillment of their duties, and not on military rule. She is against the extension of martial law in Mindanao. Her reactions to the statements of Secretary Año during the joint session of the Congress are all critical to it unsurprisingly.
The Opposition Fears for the 2019 Elections
Senator Hontiveros expresses fears that the military rule can cause harassments to local and national politicians from the opposition. This pertains especially those who will run in the 2019 midterm elections. The Congress conducts a joint session to tackle the extension of martial law in Mindanao recently as per the request of the President. The continuing rebellion in Mindanao necessitates the need for additional power to law enforcement agencies. This is something that Hontiveros is uncomfortable about.
The House’s Support
House Majority Leader Andaya made a motion to approve the joint resolution for martial law extension in the joint session. The House backs the assessment of police and military officials. It agrees that there’s “a continuing rebellion in Mindanao.” Andaya, representative of Camarines Sur, said that the House believes a “further extension of martial law and the suspension of the writ of habeas corpus will enable the authorities to finally put an end to the rebellion. It can also keep it from escalating to other parts of the countr. Thus, prevent a catastrophe like in Marawi City.”
Twelve senators vote in support of the martial law extension. They are Senate President Vicente Sotto III, Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri, and Senators Gregorio Honasan II. Panfilo Lacson, Richard Gordon, Cynthia Villar, Grace Poe, Aquilino Pimentel III, Joseph Victor Ejercito, Juan Edgardo Angara, Sherwin Gatchalian, and Emmanuel Pacquiao also said yes to it. Speaker Gloria Macapagal Arroyo who presides the joint session with Senator Tito Sotto supports the martial law extension.
No votes for Martial Law Extension
There are five senators who are against the President’s desire for the military rule extension for the third time in Mindanao. They are Paolo Benigno Aquino IV, Franklin Drilon, Francis Escudero, Risa Hontiveros, and Francis Pangilinan. Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto abstained. The Senate and the House of Representatives vote to extend martial law and the suspension of the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus in the whole Mindanao until the end of 2019 at 235-28-1. The Senate vote is at 12-5-1 and the House 223-23-0. This takes almost five hours of deliberations.
By: Elena Grace Flores
Atty. Glenn Chong is known to be an election reform advocate. He exposes the alleged anomaly in the 2016 vice-presidential race between Leni Robredo and Bongbong Marcos. He now runs for Senator. Barely 6 months prior to the 2019 midterm poll, his car was peppered with 30 bullets. His aide for eleven years, Richard Red Santillan died. Chong was not in the car because Santillan left him in Naga as he headed off to Manila for his yearly pre-Christmas gift-giving activity.
Youtube Video by PILIPINAS Ngayon
[VIDEO]: MAINSTREAM MEDIA WALANG PAKE SA AIDE NI GLENN CHONG, RICHARD SANTILLAN – Sass Rogando Sasot 12/11
30 Bullets are Proofs
Reports said there were 30 bullet holes in the car, and Chong said the incident proved the attackers were keen on killing their target. Chong revealed during Senate hearings that Smartmatic had a hand in the 2016 election cheating. He is relentless in his pursuit of the truth when he testified about the alleged electoral fraud in both the Senate and House hearings.
To Chong’s knowledge, Santillan has no known “enemies.” Except perhaps some people in Smartmatic and the Commission on Elections (Comelec). Chong is always critical of Smartmatic since the 2010 elections. It, however, got the Comelec bidding to provide the precinct count optical scan (PCOS) for the country’s first digital elections. Chong is among the first and most consistent critics of the PCOS system.
Atty. Chong suspects that his aide was allegedly murdered by the police at around 2 a.m. on December 10 in Cainta, Rizal. He refers to the video they’ve got to back his theory. According to Chong, the video footage shows that there were patrol cars in front and at the back of Santillan’s car. This is contrary to the police spot report that his aide was engaged in a shootout with the authorities.
Furthermore, the election fighter cries fraud on the police claims that they found in Santillan’s possession three packets of shabu. He insinuates that “when the victim is dead, one can always plant evidence there.” He also points on some loopholes in the allegations that Santillan could be a member of the Highway Boys Group which operates in Taytay, Cainta and Pasig City.
Promise to His Comrade
Santillan was always with Chong in the last eight years of his association with politicians. They knew him as an associate because he is like a brother to Chong. He even gave Santillan with a Glock firearm registered under his aide’s name. Santillan may not have brought the firearm with him during the incident. Thus, he suspects that the firearms and a grenade were planted. Chong swears to stand by his fallen comrade and clear his name until the end.
By: Elena Grace Flores
Former Senator Bong Revilla, who seeks to run for Senator during the election 2019 evades plunder charges when the Sandiganbayan acquits him. This is due to the prosecution’s “failure” to prove that he received millions in kickbacks from alleged ghost projects. Those were funds allegedly from his Priority Development Assistance Fund. This means that he is not liable to return the P124.5 million funds taken by the guilty ones contrary to some media reports. Revilla addresses them in a video announcement.
Youtube Video by GMA News
[VIDEO]: Saksi: Bong Revilla, umapela sa mga nanira umano sa kanya na sa Diyos humingi ng tawad
Only the Guilty Ones are Liable
Only businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles and Revilla’s former chief-of-staff Richard Cambe are told to return the said amount to the National Treasury. This is according to Ramon Esguerra, the former lawmaker’s counsel. The last paragraph of the dispositive portion of the Sandiganbayan’s decision shows that after Revilla’s acquittal. Since Napoles and Cambe are guilty of plunder, “pursuant to Article 100 of the Revised Penal Code, they are held solidarily and jointly liable to return to the National Treasury the amount of One Hundred Twenty-Four Million, Five Hundred Thousand Pesos.”
Not Guilty Beyond Reasonable Doubt
The Sandiganbayan promulgates its decision about 4 years since the ex-lawmaker was held in prison. The prosecution fails to show that he is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Thus, the reason for his acquittal. He still has 16 graft cases pending in connection with the same alleged pork barrel scam.
Wrong Interpretation of the Court Order
Some experts say that the prosecution fails to prove Revilla’s guilt beyond reasonable doubt. But the court seems to find that there are a lot of evidence against Revilla. That he “must be held as equally accountable to the People of the Philippines. This is with respect to the return of the money lost by virtue of the PDAF scam allegedly.” The Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) known as pork barrel or funds set aside for lawmakers’ projects is now unconstitutional as per the High Court ruling in 2013. This happens during its exposé on its misuse during the Aquino administration.
Running for the Senate During the Election 2019
Revilla’s case is the first to have a favorable ruling among dozens of cases involving lawmakers’ PDAF. Former Senators Jinggoy Estrada and Juan Ponce Enrile are also facing plunder and graft charges. This is in relation to the scam wherein Napoles allegedly got ₱10 billion of lawmakers’ funds into bogus non-government organizations. Revilla, Estrada, and Enrile are all out on bail and are to seek a Senate comeback this coming election 2019.
Challenge for Forgiveness
Revilla challenges his critics if they can ask for forgiveness from the highest being for what they have done unto him. He said that he is just thankful to have survived his nightmare through the help of his family and supporters. It makes sense that his acquittal from the criminal case also sets him aside from the civil case.