Posted on

Will the Pilot Provinces April 2 Recount Determine VP Race Winner?


welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

acting workshop

Cesar Chavez fo DZRH Manila asks; Is the pilot provinces recount this April 2 enough to determine the winner of the 2016 Vice Presidential election? Bongbong Marcos answered; It depends on the number. April 2 marks the beginning of the recount but since there are 50 tables to be opened, it would take around 3 months if 100 precincts per day are met a day for the procedure.

Youtube video by; Elena Grace Flores
[VIDEO]: Bongbong Marcos answers the questions of Cesar Chavez regarding April 2, 2018, recount during the DZRH Manila interview.

Value of the Pilot Provinces

Considering that all things go smoothly, the 3 pilot provinces which are; Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental, the amount of the discrepancy is crucial in determining if the recount should continue. In short, it won’t stop there. Declaration of winners by then won’t happen yet.

Sufficiency of the Initial Recounts

Bongbong Marcos said that his electoral protest includes recount for 34,000 clustered precincts. The PET, however, rules that only 3 pilot provinces can serve as a determining factor if there is a basis for his electoral fraud accusation against his rival’s political party that can officiate such manipulation.

Father’s Legacy to Continue

The son of the late President Ferdinand Marcos aims to continue his protest to realize his father’s plan for the country. Quality education, agriculture, infrastructure, business opportunities, and better public services must be the priorities to augment the lives of the poor.

Relation to Senator Sotto’s Expose

The expose of Senator Tito Sotto might be in line with Bongbong Marcos’ protest but that touches the general integrity of both the local and national elections. Whereas, in his electoral protest, despite the massive indication of electoral sabotage, it remains exclusive to the VP post and nothing to do with other positions that may be affected by the results of the recount.

Posted on

Robredo Drags Du30 to LP Mess a Week Before Facing Bongbong Marcos in a Recount


welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

acting workshop

A week prior to the recount, this is a hot topic in social media. Nothing can beat the thickness of Vice President Leni Robredo’s face. This is after she said that all the winners of the 2016 elections including President Rodrigo Du30 are affected with Majority Leader Senator Tito Sotto expose. Previously, the Supreme Court already set aside the first course of action on Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest that questions the integrity of the automated poll system of Smartmatic to pave the way for the recount on March 19, 2018. However, Senator Nancy Binay’s resolution on the issue enables the Senate to investigate then the Congress follows suit.

Youtube video by; GMA News
[VIDEO]: VP Robredo, iginiit na apektado ang lahat ng kandidato sakaling totoo ang isiniwalat ni Sen. Sotto.

How Different is Fraud?

Robredo said that Sotto’s claims appear to be different from the grounds of her rival, former Senator Bongbong Marcos, in his electoral protest against her victory in the May 2016 polls. Both point out that they have evidence of digital manipulation that only the ruling party at that time is capable of orchestrating. Although, she did not elaborate on the subject.

Favorable to Marcos

Marcos congratulates Senator Sotto for bringing the “election anomalies” to the public. Robredo, on the other hand, proposes an independent body to look into Sotto’s allegations.

The Senate & the Congress VS. the Supreme Court

The co-equal branches of the government seem to be on a power struggle at the moment. Firstly, Senator Tito Sotto III claims in his privilege speech to receive information that the 2016 polls were tainted with irregularities. The early transmissions of votes and alleged proof of “foreign access” in the election servers are among the issues raised. Then, the House Minority Leader Danilo Suarez also laid out the analysis of the cheating reports that coincide with Marcos’ protest. Lastly, the Supreme Court Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno faces an impeachment case. Robredo takes this as a quick way to get rid of her.

One Week Before the Recount

A week prior to the recount set on March 19, 2018. Marcos continues to attend to social invitations from groups that consider him as the legitimate Vice President. Meanwhile, Vice President Robredo tries very hard to bring down with her the President who is in alliance with the Marcoses. The people can only guess the next development.

Sotto’s poll fraud allegations affect all winners in 2016 polls, says Robredo

Posted on

Senator Sotto Points Out Comelec’s Incapable Moves as per Jimenez’ Statement


welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

acting workshop

Majority Leader Senator Tito Sotto slams Comelec Spokesperson James Jimenez’ reaction stating it is premature to conclude that there are irregularities in the 2016 automated polls as he claims. Sotto challenges Jimenez to show him a circular or memo that authorizes transmission of votes to the server from May 8 to the wee hours of May 9, 2016. In the absence of such circular, Jimenez seems to admit that there was indeed irregularity in the 2016 elections, Sotto explained. Sotto’s privilege speech bears the alleged manipulation of the election in favour of LP bets. Bongbong Marcos contests the same for the Vice Presidency. He added that the Comelec just proves how incapable they are to handle such issues.

Youtube video by; Elena Grace Flores
[VIDEO]:  The Comelec will be holding their own investigation with regards to the alleged irregularities on the previous election brought up by Senator Sotto’s expose. They state that what Sotto’s source says to be irregularities, may just be the security procedures that they follow prior the election.

Reliable Source

The Senate Majority Floor leader said based on his “impeccable reliable” source,  that votes are transmitted to the municipal and provincial board of canvassers as early as May 8, 2016. This lasts until the early morning of the official voting day. A foreign access to the election servers is also evident, the lawmaker added. But Jimenez said that they still have to check the accuracy of Sotto’s allegations.

Smartmatic’s Spokesman?

Sotto then slams the Comelec for defending technology provider Smartmatic which has custody over the transmission records. “Is Comelec now the spokesman for Smartmatic? Logs are digital footprints that can’t be easily altered. They should present the logs for the areas to deny my claim,” Sotto demanded.

Formal Hearing

Sotto said he will “present more logs” on Monday. “I suggest they wait for the hearing. It’s the best venue to plead their case,” Sotto told Comelec. Sotto through this electoral fraud allegations stressing that the there may be a compromise in the 2016 elections. He cites evidence from a source within the poll body – who said that there was an early transmission of votes and foreign access to election servers used during the automated national polls.


Comelec’s Moves

The Comelec said anew that it would continue preparations for the barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections in May. Despite fresh allegations that the electronic voting system is fraudulent. Jimenez said the poll body would push through with printing 18 million ballots for the village elections toward the end of the month or before the Holy Week. However, it’s enough that the Congress and the Senate are on to the case versus the Liberal Party.

Sotto challenges Jimenez to prove agency authorized vote transmission during 2016 elections

Posted on

Senator Richard Gordon: No More Mercy to Trillanes


welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

It’s about time that Senator Antonio Trillanes IV be made aware of the people’s pulse regarding his behavior in the Senate. He is confident that Senator Richard Gordon cannot get at least three Senatorial signatures for his ethics complaint against him. Trillanes dares him by saying that he’s not even afraid of the President.

Youtube video by;
[VIDEO]: Gordon to file ethics complaint vs Trillanes

Carpio and Paolo Duterte’s Invitation

Trillanes wanted to invite both President Rodrigo Duterte’s son, Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte, and son-in-law, lawyer Manases-Carpio after they were mentioned to be behind the so-called Davao Group. Carpio is the husband of Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte. Gordon just replied; You may do so! But Trillanes continues to make general accusations that he cannot prove.

Not a Cockpit of Gossips

Gordon told Trillanes to refrain from making general statements that he cannot prove. This is because the Senate is not a cockpit of gossips. Instead of calming down, Trillanes responded by criticizing the way Gordon handles the committee hearing. He calls it names and criticizes Senator Tito Sotto as well.

Out of Order and Tune

Senator Gordon firmly said that Senator Trillanes is out of order but he can’t stop his mouth from opening. He even thinks that most Senators are on his side. Worst, he acts like the people’s hero when most Filipinos are wondering while he’s not kicked out yet with his ungentle man approaches.

Ethics Complaint

Too bad for Trillanes, Gordon said he will pursue his ethics complaint against him. “He has done that consistently. I already forgave him the first time. He even came to my office and apologized then he did it to Mr. Zubiri. Then he was trying to do it to Cayetano, he was trying to turn off the microphone,” Gordon said.

Posted on

Solo Parents Group would Rather work with Senator Sotto than Bash


welcome By: Elena Grace Flores

The Solo Parents Group urges people to stop bashing Senator Tito Sotto. It is best for government officials to start working on giving more benefits to single parents instead. They criticize groups who are too sensitive to the senator’s remarks during the CA hearing of Social Welfare Secretary of Judy Taguiwalo when he really meant no harm.

Youtube video by; Elena Grace Flores
[VIDEO]: Solo Parents Group urges people to stop bashing Senator Tito Sotto and instead asks lawmakers to look into giving benefits to citizens like them.

More Benefits

The leader of the Solo  Parents Group said that there’s no point to bash Sotto through social media and waste time in because it cannot solve the difficulties of single parents. They have to work alone for the welfare of the children. She stresses that most single parents are female, belong to poor communities, and struggling for a decent livelihood that can generate enough income for the whole family. It is much better to have a dialogue with lawmakers how they can help in easing their burden.

Blessing in Disguise

The senator welcomes the group’s practical approach. He just takes the social media bashing lightly now because his joke seems like a blessing in disguise. They now talk about measures that could benefit single parents. Instead of throwing mud at each other, they opt to work together to reach solutions for the welfare of solo parents.

Possible Benefits

Aside from the daily needs, families of single parents would also need assistance in the areas of education, medical care, and perhaps discounts from selected commodities. Sotto said that if they can lower the price for senior citizens, they should do also for single parents.

Champion for Solo Parents Act

Sotto assures the group that he would push for the passage of amendments to Republic Act No. 8972, or the Solo Parents Welfare Act of 2000. The bill is hanging for around 17 years.  FSPL president Carina Javier said the group could have confronted Sotto he already apologized to Taguiwalo and that the secretary accepted it. They think that they do not have the right to make a big fuzz out of it unlike other groups.

Why is Senator Tito Sotto’s Sorry on Single Parent Joke Not Enough? Are you…