By: Gynn Flores
Your success comes from your struggles. Achieving your dream just does not happen. “Rome was not built in one day” so they say. We cannot just rely on luck to achieve our goals and our dreams. Achieving what you have been dreaming of would be sweet if you struggled to be able to achieve it. Here are some inputs that might be helpful for you:
- Identify a goal. There is no limit to this provided you think it is achievable. Making unrealistic goals will only make you discouraged, exhausted and uninspired.
- Believe you will achieve your goal. Stay positive at all times. There are endless ways on how to achieve your goals. You might fail at times but never give up and persevere.
- Make a plan of action. This will give you directions on what you should do given a certain scenario. Prioritize what is in your plan. Explore other options only when you have tried everything as planned.
- Be realistic with your actions. Do not over exaggerate things. Sometimes it does not turn out the way you wanted it to. Try and try until you succeed.
- Choose your battles. When it is quite obvious that a certain proposition is bound to fail, then change your plan of action. It can cause you all your resources and energy when you pursue something that has no chance to succeed – just for sentiment sake.
- Know how to appreciate the little successes you make. Congratulate yourself every time something positive comes out of your efforts. Patience is vital to gain bigger successes. Take it a day at a time. Sometimes hurrying into something big right away can make you prone to mistakes.
- Stay inspired and motivated. This will boost your spirit to persevere in whatever endeavor you are in.
- Know how to enjoy your success. Reward yourself when you achieve something. Small successes should be acknowledged by simply recognizing it or maybe treating yourself to a good meal or a relaxing activity.
Success is sweet when you work hard to achieve it. Some people may be lucky to achieve bigger things at a very short time while others achieve a little at a time. Things are not always the same. Do not give up right away and make yourself motivated and inspired at all times. Continue to be creative and be open to other options. Life is full of opportunities and a simple shift on your strategies can spell success. Before you know it, it is harvest time and you will be reaping the fruits of your labor.
Struggles in life are mandatory to spell success. When you have already achieved your goals, you can start making higher goals but do not forget to share your success story – as it might be a source of inspiration for other people. Real experiences are always inspiring and lessons you actually learned from the experience may benefit others as well. Above all, be grateful to the One who bestows all blessings.
Image Source: Cuidatu